Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

New DSL 100 Review

Postby surfnorthwest » 30 Jul 2008, 19:30

Well the DSL arrived today in absolute mint condition. Got it unpacked and slapped a couple of Telefunkens in V1 and V2 and left everything else stock. Checked the bias and slightly on the cool side but warmed it up just a bit. Plugged it into the Vintage 30 cabinet and plugged the VM back into the 425. Picked up my Les Paul in and WOW, this amp is freakin loud!! Voiced different from the VM for sure but both the clean and ultra channels have some great tones the VM can't get. I think I am going to keep to the VM for most rythem work and use this DSL for my leads, in ultra 2 on the neck pickup it is pretty bad ass. On second thought I honestly don't know what I am going to do because all three of my amps do so many things well.

I also got a chance to run both the DSL and VM together with the VM in High Range and the DSL on the clean channel.....as you might imagine it gave me a hard on.

Point is I am DONE, no more amps fro me. I am very happy obviously with the VM tone and the clean stuff I can pull from the Fender Deluxe Reverb, this DSL just adds that Metal or Hard Rock demension I lacked. I am like a kid at Christmas tonight.

My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Slash1337
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 29 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby Slash1337 » 30 Jul 2008, 23:17

I know Voodoo does an AWESOME upgrade for the DSL. I was looking harsh into that when I had my sights on the DSL.
"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste"
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Marshall AFD100
Gibson R9 Faded Tobacco
60' Gibson Goldtop LP
Epiphone Elitist LP Custom
Marshall 1960TV w/ G12H Greenbacks
Crybaby Zakk Wylde
Dunlop Heil Talk Box

http://www.facebook.com/Deadrivalsofficial

Mats A
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 108 times
Been liked: 199 times

Postby Mats A » 08 Aug 2008, 01:21

YAAAAAWK :!:

traylestrat
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby traylestrat » 08 Aug 2008, 18:46

You're not done, NO WAY! You need the VM in stereo with that DSL sitting in the middle of the mix. Trust me, I'm a doctor and I have one for sale. :wink:

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 08 Aug 2008, 22:03

You need the VM in stereo with that DSL sitting in the middle of the mix.
Ahh, if you look at the picture you will see my fire breathing 2466 sitting right below that DSL. And yes I do run them in stereo. The only change I am making is to get a fourth cabinet and run two G12T-75's and two G12K-100's in a X pattern for the DSL cab. Will still use the Greenbacks on the VM/

I also figured out how to record both of them at the same time so I capture this stereo mix in my recordings, and yes it sounds as good as you can imagine.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

lowenzz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Postby lowenzz » 09 Aug 2008, 16:59

/Hands Surf a brand Spankin new "I am the Gear Whore Posterchild, bow before me or I will Smite your Crates and Gorrillas to the Netherworld" T-Shirt. :wink: :lol:
"Just got paid today, Got me a pocket full of change",Rev BFG

Marshall VM2266 Head
425B cab G12C's

Return to “Marshall JCM”