JCM2000 Triple Super Lead TSL122 Info?

JCM Range, 800s, 900s, 2000/DSL, 2000/TSL

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Anitoli
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 2688 times

Re: JCM2000 Triple Super Lead TSL122 Info?

Postby Anitoli » 22 Dec 2016, 13:43

Guitarcable/fx cable should be of the same type of construction, I/E stranded conductor in the middle, either braided wire or foil or both on the out side for shielding. Any type of cable made in this manner should work.

Congrats on the very nicely priced score. That would be something i wouldnt pass up either, even if it didn't work right. I would fix it.

Roger
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 2485 times
Been liked: 860 times

Postby Roger » 22 Dec 2016, 15:02

Hi. An instrument cable. I use a short one that is used to connect pedals to each other. You can configure it in several ways. I connect the cable to the two outputs return. In this way I believe that the best sound is achieved.
If you have the pedal when pressing the fx button on or off. If not always activated. You can connect from an output loop A of the send to return. But change the result a little. If you connect from send to return in loop B it will work on the channels crunch and lead.
Also works connect only in return output.
Also works if you just plug in the return of loop A. Try the one you see that you get better sound. What year is the amp? Puts it in barcode. A white sticker. Is on the back panel but inside the amp there are more stickers that tell you.

colchar
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 25 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby colchar » 23 Dec 2016, 08:40

Thanks guys, I will grab an effects connector cable from the store tomorrow (I have extra guitar cables but they are all far too long).
:Canada

:Scotland

----------
"All of Chuck's children are out there playing his licks"

colchar
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 25 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby colchar » 01 Jan 2017, 16:14

Roger wrote:Hi. An instrument cable. I use a short one that is used to connect pedals to each other. You can configure it in several ways. I connect the cable to the two outputs return. In this way I believe that the best sound is achieved.
If you have the pedal when pressing the fx button on or off. If not always activated. You can connect from an output loop A of the send to return. But change the result a little. If you connect from send to return in loop B it will work on the channels crunch and lead.
Also works if you just plug in the return of loop A. Try the one you see that you get better sound. What year is the amp? Puts it in barcode. A white sticker. Is on the back panel but inside the amp there are more stickers that tell you.

I grabbed a cable and like using the master volume.

I did have a problem with noise from the amp the other day when the channel volumes were cranked up on the clean and crunch channels. It sounded sort of like how a radio does when you are tuning it and don't have a station dialed in correctly. But it didn't happen the next time I tried to the amp so it is either an intermittent issue or was just one of those things.

With regards to the question above, mine was made in 2000.

I also picked up a Boss SD-1 to goose the amp a bit.
:Canada

:Scotland

----------
"All of Chuck's children are out there playing his licks"

Roger
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 2485 times
Been liked: 860 times

Postby Roger » 01 Jan 2017, 23:43

Hi. You can use a ground looper or similar to filter noise. I use ART clean box2. It have two chanels. Using one is enought. You need to connect it on the loop.

Anitoli
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 2688 times

Postby Anitoli » 02 Jan 2017, 03:51

colchar wrote:
Roger wrote:Hi. An instrument cable. I use a short one that is used to connect pedals to each other. You can configure it in several ways. I connect the cable to the two outputs return. In this way I believe that the best sound is achieved.

I grabbed a cable and like using the master volume.

I did have a problem with noise from the amp the other day when the channel volumes were cranked up on the clean and crunch channels. It sounded sort of like how a radio does when you are tuning it and don't have a station dialed in correctly. But it didn't happen the next time I tried to the amp so it is either an intermittent issue or was just one of those things.

With regards to the question above, mine was made in 2000.

I also picked up a Boss SD-1 to goose the amp a bit.
That noise could be dirty tube pins/sockets. If it persists try cleaning the tube pins with Deoxit D5. Sometimes just pulling out the tube and reinserting it solves the issue as well. Also the loop jacks and input jacks could be dirty. Clean those as well. This is common with older gear.

Return to “Marshall JCM”