Moderator: longfxukxnhair

kissfanps
Consigliere
Consigliere
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: what guitar songs are playin in your car

Postby kissfanps » 07 Nov 2010, 17:14

SInce I don't drive I will tell you what I have been listening to on the subway....Slash's new solo album! Good stuff, love the ones with Myles Kennedy (who also happens to be his touring singer).
Marshall Class 5
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266C
Granger M50
Cox Tweed Twin
Gibson Les Paul Custom w/ Skatterbrane Goldbranes
Tele Partscaster - USACG '54 Neck, 50's RI Body, Lollars
Fender '56 NOS Stratocaster
Guitar -> TC Polytune -> Fulltone Clyde Deluxe -> TS-808 -> Suhr Koko Boost -> Way Huge Aqua Puss -> Lovepedal Echo Baby -> Amp

maiden666
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby maiden666 » 08 Nov 2010, 15:30

Kyle wrote:Yeah the older stuff had a very different tone, I tend to prefer the more diverse later albums, but the ambient metal of the migrator set is awesome. Star one is similar space metal style stuff, at least the older stuff was closer to that vein. I have yet to hear somethign from the man I did not enjoy, he has put out, in my opinion, some of the best albums out there ( I have a thing for epic albums though).

You even had Timo Kotipelto and Bruce Dickenson on Flight of the migrator, two of my favourite metal singers (although Stratovarius moving on without Timo Tolkki is a shadow of what it was).
I think you mean FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR from brave new world!!
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Bullseye lp
Mxr Zakk Wylde overdrive
Mxr Black Label Chorus
Greg Covington treble booster(for those queen moments)

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby slowpokerhino » 08 Nov 2010, 18:45

Same old stuff really: Gov't Mule, Black Crowes & Allman Bros.

Lately though I've been listening to a LOT of Hatebreed. Especially in the Jeep. Great for driving & makes me feel young again. After all, I will be 40 before the month is done. :roll

[youtube][/youtube][youtube][/youtube][youtube][/youtube]

Kyle
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Kyle » 08 Nov 2010, 20:12

maiden666 wrote:
Kyle wrote:Yeah the older stuff had a very different tone, I tend to prefer the more diverse later albums, but the ambient metal of the migrator set is awesome. Star one is similar space metal style stuff, at least the older stuff was closer to that vein. I have yet to hear somethign from the man I did not enjoy, he has put out, in my opinion, some of the best albums out there ( I have a thing for epic albums though).

You even had Timo Kotipelto and Bruce Dickenson on Flight of the migrator, two of my favourite metal singers (although Stratovarius moving on without Timo Tolkki is a shadow of what it was).
I think you mean FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR from brave new world!!
No I am pretty sure I know what I mean. Bruce Dickenson did the vocals on Into the Black Hole, on the Ayreon album Flight of the Migrator (disk 2 of the universal migrator). The song you are thinking of is Ghost of the Navigator, which was played live this summer at the Maiden show I caught however, it rocked.

Return to “Guitars”