snark
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 18 times
Been liked: 24 times

Opinions?

Postby snark » 17 Feb 2017, 22:05

Guys,
Although I haven't been as active on this forum as many of you, I certainly try to contribute when I can and monitor daily... as such I'd like your opinions on something. I'm going to be in San Diego next month and am planning to stop by Kiesel guitars. I'm looking for a custom build .. know exactly what I want functionaly... no issues there... my question to you all is the final finish of the axe.

I've always wanted a custom painted metal flake axe. Something about the spotlight hitting that flake... wow!!

So do you think this is over the top? It's a Kiesel x220, http://www.kieselguitars.com/catalog/guitars/x220

I'm thinking a base coat of chrome paint with this metal flake added in coats 2&3.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3O2R0Kpi1c

then multiple coats of gloss to smooth the finish...

Too much? Ok? Way over the top? It's basically a show guitar loaded with every option possible....

Thank for you thoughts....

Cousin Muely
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 2794 times
Been liked: 2474 times

Re: Opinions?

Postby Cousin Muely » 18 Feb 2017, 06:41

It's not my thing at all as far as the shape and much less having flakes in the color but i like traditional guitars so.......

But, their reputation is outstanding.

Anitoli
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 2688 times

Re: Opinions?

Postby Anitoli » 18 Feb 2017, 08:10

If that's what you are looking for, go for it. If this guitar is for you and not something used to impress others get it the way that makes you happy. And i have a Kiesel JB207C and their guitars are EXCELLENT. Best guitar i have ever owned/played.

Return to “Guitars”