billy
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 484 times
Been liked: 113 times

Re: Bugera

Postby billy » 28 Feb 2017, 12:28

Hi shavedfish,

I have 400+ hours on my first 1960 infinium and about 20+ on my newest one. I didn't need two 1960's, in fact my wife didn't think I even needed one (and she is correct) but the price was too good to pass up and some warranty coverage was left.

Haven't had any problems with either one and I have gigged with each. I have several other Bugera's like the 333XL, the G20, and imho, since they went to the Infinium model, I find the Infinium models to be very reliable.

When I buy another Bugera, which I am likely to do for no apparent reason, it will be one of the infinium models and it will have a full or partial warranty so I can get it repaired from any damage inflicted by novice tube owners or problems from poor packing and handling.
---
Ceriatone British Style All Access Plexi 51 Head
Boss Katana Artist MKII
Mesa Vertical 2x12 cab with Celestion Golds
ESP KH-602 w/ EMGs
ESP-LTD PB-401 w/ Stock SD P-Rails
Boss GT-1000

Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 18 times
Been liked: 176 times

Re: Bugera

Postby Dave W » 28 Feb 2017, 17:12

I have had one. Its loud as hell. It can hurt its so loud. lol. Its a very good sounding amp for the price. It is also versatile as it has regular input. Blended input and also the cascaded mod input(Marshall RR amp).

Have to keep In mind that with the infinium models you cannot adjust the power tube bias. its auto adjusting and will only get the tube up to about 30 ma. as opposed to say 35-40 more ideal. Too cold IMO but honestly but many would never know.

It has a master volume on the back but its not a regular one. Its still loud even with the mv in use. The MV does have notable tone suck though.

You can get one from Sam Ash.com and they will give 15 % off if you call them. That's $340 for a plexi RR mod wanna be amp. That's crazy cheap.

It takes pedals well. Sounded good with greenbacks and great with 65's.

Return to “Guitars”