Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

PRS Introduces the 2018 SE Acoustic Series

Postby surfnorthwest » 10 Jan 2018, 10:00

All these are supposed be at the $1000 mark. PRS is trying to give us a big bang for the buck with these Korean built acoustics. Will check them out at NAMM. Look promising.

2018 acoustic models include the SE AX20E, SE TX20E, SE A40E, SE T40E, SE A50E, and SE T50E.

The SE AX20E and SE TX20E (Angelus and Tonare body shapes, respectively) feature mahogany backs and sides with solid spruce tops for warm, balanced tone. Braced with tradition “X” bracing, these models have a punch that stands alone beautifully or cuts through the mix.

The SE A40E and SE T40E pair ovangkol back and sides with a solid spruce top for full, lush tone. Braced with PRS hybrid“X”/Classical bracing, these models have a voice projects with breathtaking volume and delicate nuance.

The SE A50E and T50E marry maple back and sides with a solid spruce top for stunning warmth and depth. Braced with PRS hybrid“X”/Classical bracing, these models have an uncommon 3-dimensional character for guitars with maple backs and sides.

All 2018 PRS SE acoustics feature a Fishman GT1 electronics system, featuring an undersaddle pickup and soundhole mounted preamp with easy-to-access volume and tone controls. The Fishman GT1 pick up system delivers dynamic, organic tone and allows players to take this guitar from rehearsal to the stage with ease.

Additional high-quality features include solid spruce tops, ebony fretboards and bridges, bone nuts and saddles, as well as PRS trademark bird inlays and headstock design. All 2018 PRS SE acoustics ship with a high-quality hardshell case.

https://youtu.be/GjkZfehFPWg
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

jeffsmusic4919
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 414 times
Been liked: 362 times

Re: PRS Introduces the 2018 SE Acoustic Series

Postby jeffsmusic4919 » 12 Jan 2018, 15:22

That is one fantastic sounding guitar he was playing live in the room. I had a similar impression to this guitar that he had to the original. It is very interesting to build a guitar like a speaker and cab. The head stock looks kinda strange to me on an acoustic though.

Return to “Guitars”