Moderator: longfxukxnhair

LivewireBlanco
The Professor
The Professor
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Another new signature Les paul for Slash

Postby LivewireBlanco » 23 Aug 2009, 11:41

Kongels wrote:Ok, I think it's time for me to break the seal on this one cause I have held it in so long but I feel this is the time.

I think Slash is a cool guy, has written some good songs and is a Rock Icon. That said, he is not even a top tier player in my book, he is in the second group of great rock players who get it but just don't knock me out. I think the best guitar players, not most skilled and excluding the legends, of the guys playing right now are John Frusciante, Derek Trucks, Buddy Whittington and Tom Morello. It is not a tangible thing, just that Slash doesn't do it for me and these guys do. All respect for his fans, he certainly isn't a poser or anything but I just don't get the worship thing.

Oh and just to drop a second bomb on this thread, I think Bonammassa is way overrated as well. His playing is sterile, planned and unoriginal to my ears. Whereas a guy like Buddy Whittington blows me away.

Oh boy, be merciful guys, it's not that I don't think they are good, they just don't do it for me.
I would like to add Doyle Bramhall II on that list. I'm not much for Derek Trucks and Bonamassa is a bad ass but I hear you on the sterile thing. I like guys that wow me with shit I would never think of (Hendrix, SRV on drugs).
"I play country the way a good rock guitarist should."
http://www.myspace.com/buckshotbradley

foxstereo
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby foxstereo » 17 Feb 2010, 20:56

Maybe is later jeje, but I think like most of you, Slash is a great guy... And I think he is a good player, he's talented, but not much better than Clapton, Hendrix or Beck... But whatever, he's a "popular player", the new guitarrists like me in another times think that Slash is the best...
I think he interprets the Blues very well, almost to my ears sounds cool... He's not the best, but from the new "army" of guitar players is an inspiration, and that's very helpful and great... In these times of chaos (is the truth), is a pretty idea that children are interested to play guitar, at the end, that's what matters...

Bye guys! And just like Joe Perry says, Let The Music Do The Talking... :) :winking
I'm so happy, because today I found my friends... They're in my head...

Lordakamai
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Postby Lordakamai » 18 Feb 2010, 14:17

Why are guitarists always fighting over which guitarist is the best or better than the others. I mean it's all a matter of preference and opinion isn't it and it can't be about what guitarist knows his theory best because most of the guitarists mentioned above can't probably even spell the word theory.

Anyway to get back to the original subject, I don't think i will ever buy a signature guitar (unless it's my own :P), because I really think a guitar is a pretty personal piece of your gear that you really have to settle with and it seems kinda awkward to me to be playing a guitar that says "Slash Guitar" on the headstock, just my thoughts :roll .
In the end, all you can rely on is your good old guitar

tonytheoneandonly
<100 Posts
<100 Posts

Postby tonytheoneandonly » 18 Feb 2010, 15:40

Lordakamai wrote:Why are guitarists always fighting over which guitarist is the best or better than the others. I mean it's all a matter of preference and opinion isn't it and it can't be about what guitarist knows his theory best because most of the guitarists mentioned above can't probably even spell the word theory.

Anyway to get back to the original subject, I don't think i will ever buy a signature guitar (unless it's my own :P), because I really think a guitar is a pretty personal piece of your gear that you really have to settle with and it seems kinda awkward to me to be playing a guitar that says "Slash Guitar" on the headstock, just my thoughts :roll .
Like i should have said it myself :) it just feels "wrong" in some kind of way.. But no one can argue on the fact that slash really helps rock music atm.. which have been quite dead and undergroundish for the last two decades (with some exceptions).. it's good to see Heavy Rock/Rock genrè grow again.. im so fucking tired of club songs feat lil'wayne, lady gaga etc roaming the charts now.. PLEASE MAKE A MOVEMENT GUYS! I'ts time to bring back the power of the 70/80's !! The neighbours shall not sleep! The clubs shall not close! We shall not surrender to electronic music, now is the time to make a stand!

But seriously.. you know what i mean :D
Gear:
Guitars/Bass: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Epiphone SG, Epiphone EB-0 Bass, Cort Acoustic Guitar
Effect Pedals: Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper, Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive, Ibanez Jemeni Overdrive, Ibanez Tube King Distortion
Amps: Marshall Vintage Modern 2266 + 1936Vintage Cab, Ashdown DSP 40w Combo Amp, Line6 Studio Bass Amp,
Studio: Presonous Inspire 1394 Soundcard, M1Active Studio Monitors, Shure SM57 Mic's, Samson Vocal Mic, Evolution MK449C Midi Keyboard

Return to “Guitars”