PRS Starla X

All things Guitar

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Kongels
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

PRS Starla X

Postby Kongels » 04 Mar 2010, 17:18

Played one today, 2 p90s, single cutaway, basswood body, they were asking around $1400.00. I might be looking into this guitar some more, very nice feel, super light and the neck was butter off the wall. Anyone have experience with these guitars? Thoughts on the Basswood body? Should I just pony up and buy a Grosh Electrajet, lol.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: PRS Starla X

Postby surfnorthwest » 04 Mar 2010, 18:15

I wouldn't discount the PRS they have some of the best playing comfortable necks out there. I say give it a try $1400 is a fair price for a good PRS. The pickups listed on the stock guitar are Mira X pickups :dunno , I know nothing about them. How did you get the P90s?

I am also intrigued by the Grosh Retro Classic Vintage T but I do not have a P90 guitar either. How about a Grosh for a Tele and a '54 Gibson Goldtop for a P90 guitar.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Kongels
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

Re: PRS Starla X

Postby Kongels » 05 Mar 2010, 01:04

Here is the only pics I could find quickly online of one, the p90s "soapbar" is an option I guess on the Starla. This guitar was so light, I mean like I thought it was hollowbody until the guy said Basswood.

http://www.willcuttguitars.com/_product ... owder_Blue

Return to “Guitars”