tube problem/ crackle noise?

JMP amplifiers, 1959/ 1987/ 1992/ 1986 (non-MV) 2203/ 2204 (MV)

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Dvir
<25
<25
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times

tube problem/ crackle noise?

Postby Dvir » 16 May 2012, 04:36

Hello,
first of all, i am a JMD501 owner, i purposely write my topic here to get answer from a all tube marshall owners.
so here we go guys, i have a problem with my amp that every time after a while (about 5 minutes, sometimes less) i am starting to hear a crackle noise/ wind noise out of the amp. sometimes it cause the sound go lower and then rise again. i did post it in the JMD forum they said that it's a tube problem. so i am asking you if you have ever heard of it or had an experience with that problem? thanks.

Laars
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Re: tube problem/ crackle noise?

Postby Laars » 08 Jun 2012, 12:08

Dvir wrote:Hello,
first of all, i am a JMD501 owner, i purposely write my topic here to get answer from a all tube marshall owners.
so here we go guys, i have a problem with my amp that every time after a while (about 5 minutes, sometimes less) i am starting to hear a crackle noise/ wind noise out of the amp. sometimes it cause the sound go lower and then rise again. i did post it in the JMD forum they said that it's a tube problem. so i am asking you if you have ever heard of it or had an experience with that problem? thanks.
OOPs.......... :barf looks like I walked into that one....... Didn't notice it said JMD, not JMP.....

Sorry about that.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: tube problem/ crackle noise?

Postby surfnorthwest » 08 Jun 2012, 12:55

The JMD does not have a V1, only a phase inverter preamp tube. I don't suspect that tube is at issue. You are going to have to change out the two power and see if that corrects the problem, I suspect it will. Be sure to set the bias after changing the tubes.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Return to “Marshall JMP”