Will Marshall ever reproduce a new JMP1

JMP amplifiers, 1959/ 1987/ 1992/ 1986 (non-MV) 2203/ 2204 (MV)

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Will Marshall ever reproduce a new JMP1

Postby surfnorthwest » 20 Jul 2009, 19:10

For years I played through a rack setup using a Marshall JMP1 pre with two Marshall 9100 amps, the rig served me well for many years and I sold it all back in 2005 to my regret.

With the release Mesa's recording preamp I would hope Marshall is paying attention and come out with a new version of the JMP1. I would so love a rack preamp with all the Marshall sounds from the JTM 45, JCM 800-900, JMP 50, TSL, DSL and even the VM. The unit should have XLR outs as well as 1/4 outs to go into a A/D converter or into a power amp.

The ability to get these tones and record direct with it would make my ears happy as well as my wife...not that she complains at all. Marshall currently does not offer anything like this for the recording musician. I would hope they have plans for one in the near future.

My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

gtrman
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 580 times
Been liked: 550 times

Re: Will Marshall ever reproduce a new JMP1

Postby gtrman » 21 Jul 2009, 06:17

surfnorthwest wrote:For years I played through a rack setup using a Marshall JMP1 pre with two Marshall 9100 amps, the rig served me well for many years and I sold it all back in 2005 to my regret.

With the release Mesa's recording preamp I would hope Marshall is paying attention and come out with a new version of the JMP1. I would so love a rack preamp with all the Marshall sounds from the JTM 45, JCM 800-900, JMP 50, TSL, DSL and even the VM. The unit should have XLR outs as well as 1/4 outs to go into a A/D converter or into a power amp.

The ability to get these tones and record direct with it would make my ears happy as well as my wife...not that she complains at all. Marshall currently does not offer anything like this for the recording musician. I would hope they have plans for one in the near future.
I have never owned the JMP1 myself but played in a band some years ago with a dude that had one. It sounded pretty good ..
I agree that a new version of the JMP with VM possibilities would be VERY interesting.
Fractal AX-8
Axe-Fx III

Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Caramelized Ash
Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Flame Maple
Suhr 80's Shred MKII Tiger Stripe
Gibson LP VOS 57 Goldtop
PRS John Mayer Silver Sky Horizon

auratnik
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby auratnik » 10 Nov 2009, 22:12

I'm a long time user of JMP1 and it save me many times in the studio. Guitarist brought in studio latest grates amps costing a fortune but after trying MP1 they satle with the Marshall in 90%. Highly recommended!

David Vee
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Postby David Vee » 13 Jul 2010, 08:53

I suspect the modeling found in the JMD:1 is as close as we get... perhaps even intended as the successor.

Hmm... JMP:1... JMD:1... coincidence? I think not.

Then again, I was always hoping for a reissue of the original Guv'nor that is every bit as good as the original. (Sorry, Marshall, the newer Guv'nor just doesn't cut it.) Finally gave up hope and sprung some big bucks to get a near mint original.

I suspect I'll be doing the same for a JMP:1 in near mint condition.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 14 Jul 2010, 05:30

This was a very old post made prior to the release of the JMD1. Since then I am a proud owner of two JMD1 100 watt heads and love the amp for many reasons.

My only wish is that the JMD would have USB connectivity to tweak settings and share settings and that it would become availible in a rack configuration. However unlike the JMP1 I would like to see both the preamp and poweramp in a 3 space rack. Other than that the JMD performs fantastic.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

gtrman
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 580 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby gtrman » 16 Jul 2010, 16:14

surfnorthwest wrote:This was a very old post made prior to the release of the JMD1. Since then I am a proud owner of two JMD1 100 watt heads and love the amp for many reasons.

My only wish is that the JMD would have USB connectivity to tweak settings and share settings and that it would become availible in a rack configuration. However unlike the JMP1 I would like to see both the preamp and poweramp in a 3 space rack. Other than that the JMD performs fantastic.
I tried the JMD at a music store recently and yes it's a Marshall and it sounds good BUT still I wasn't quite sold.
I am very impressed with my newest addition (the JCM800KK was my next to newest ... and boy is that the heaviest Marshall I've ever played through :-) - It's like an angry sidekick ) - and that is the AxeFx Ultra. I have played through it for a few weeks now and although it's not going to replace my tube Marshalls it does have quite a lot of great sounds and will be using it a lot on my new recording setup. I have talked to some professional musicians in my hometown who are contemplating replacing their live setup with this one ... one was a Mesa guy. Sorry about the off-topic :-)
Fractal AX-8
Axe-Fx III

Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Caramelized Ash
Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Flame Maple
Suhr 80's Shred MKII Tiger Stripe
Gibson LP VOS 57 Goldtop
PRS John Mayer Silver Sky Horizon

Return to “Marshall JMP”