What is the best way to record with a plexi? No fx loop.

Marshall amplifiers not listed above. AVT, MG, Valvestate, Rack gear

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Cousin Muely
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 2794 times
Been liked: 2474 times

Re: What is the best way to record with a plexi? No fx loop.

Postby Cousin Muely » 23 Dec 2013, 07:31

michael_dba wrote:Greenbacks sound different than Vintage 30's....does the Radial box "hear" this difference? From what I saw, it just gets the amps output tone.......?

The Radial Website says it reacts to the output of the amp and the response of the speaker. I use mine with the 1 watt combos and I have them modded with an extra speaker jack so I can connect the JDX and still use the speaker in the combo. I can tell a distinct difference in all the amps tonewise when using it and it sounds very close to what I hear just using the combo alone.

That is a good question and since I am short in the aftermarket speaker choices I can't confirm what your asking. I just know the JDXs are a great piece of gear and fit my needs perfectly. If I was playing out I wouldnt hesitate to bring them. If nothing else, they put out great consistent sound.

ClassicRock88
Roadhouse Professor
Roadhouse Professor
Has Liked: 404 times
Been liked: 599 times

Re: What is the best way to record with a plexi? No fx loop.

Postby ClassicRock88 » 23 Dec 2013, 07:56

Cousin Muely wrote:
michael_dba wrote:Greenbacks sound different than Vintage 30's....does the Radial box "hear" this difference? From what I saw, it just gets the amps output tone.......?

The Radial Website says it reacts to the output of the amp and the response of the speaker. I use mine with the 1 watt combos and I have them modded with an extra speaker jack so I can connect the JDX and still use the speaker in the combo. I can tell a distinct difference in all the amps tonewise when using it and it sounds very close to what I hear just using the combo alone.

That is a good question and since I am short in the aftermarket speaker choices I can't confirm what your asking. I just know the JDXs are a great piece of gear and fit my needs perfectly. If I was playing out I wouldnt hesitate to bring them. If nothing else, they put out great consistent sound.
If someone wants to send me a radial box I will run a demo of one amp through a few different speakers :bgrin .

Return to “Marshall General Discussion”