Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Cousin Muely
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 2794 times
Been liked: 2474 times

Re: Is more than 1 Marshall too much?

Postby Cousin Muely » 19 Mar 2014, 04:58

shaun wrote:I used to sit and play an unplugged elec. guitar while watching TV each night after work. When an add/comercial break came on, that is when i wrote or came up with most of my riffs and ideas. I mean, i would do this pretty much 7 days a week, so over time i came up with a lot of material.
The amp tone had nothing to do with it at all. This was a cheap guitar, but it had a very full, fat, unplugged tone, so i could kind of hear what it would sound like cranked up.
This was metal type stuff, so the tone was kind of one dimentional anyway, it was just about the riffs.
I tend to try and play along with commercials and movie scores while I hang out in the living room with the wife.

Bijou Drains
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 403 times
Been liked: 102 times

Postby Bijou Drains » 19 Mar 2014, 16:00

Saying "I have too many Marshall amps" is like saying "there's too much water in the nuclear reactor."
1965 SG Special (Polaris White)
1968 SG Special (Dark Cherry)
1989 Les Paul Custom (Cherry Sunburst)
2003 Custom Shop Pete Townshend Les Paul Deluxe, #3, Goldtop
2010 Les Paul Standard 50th Anniversary 1960 R0, V.3
Two 2013 Rudolf Schenker Flying V's
2017 Les Paul Standard HP (Blueberry Burst)

Marshall JTM45/100 40th Anniversary Stack (#44 of 250)
Marshall JCM 900 (4502) 50w Combo w. matching Marshall "1922" Extension Cabinet

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

Mats A
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 108 times
Been liked: 199 times

Is more than 1 Marshall too much?

Postby Mats A » 16 Apr 2014, 22:11

Yes and no. Halvung more than one Marshall can make it hard to decide wich to use. That can make that certain amps just become standing there and not beeing used. An amp is made to be used. But if an amp breaks down it's quite handy. Likewise if you have different types and you play different kind of gigs.

shaun
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 22 times
Been liked: 143 times

Postby shaun » 16 Apr 2014, 23:49

Mats A wrote:Yes and no. Halvung more than one Marshall can make it hard to decide wich to use. That can make that certain amps just become standing there and not beeing used. An amp is made to be used. But if an amp breaks down it's quite handy. Likewise if you have different types and you play different kind of gigs.

Mats, i agree.
But sometimes when one amp breaks down, it stays broke because there are other amps to go to.. :roll
"Anyway, I see this forum isn't too happening, but hopefully I'll get some responses." Sully

"I find the above statement offensive. Funny, but offensive. No offense intended by my comments." Shaun

Return to “Marshall General Discussion”