Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Mike_LA
Diamond Member
Diamond Member
Has Liked: 712 times
Been liked: 455 times

RTFM from 2555x Demo from NAMM

Postby Mike_LA » 26 Jan 2015, 19:48

Well, maybe this will get me banned for offending the mothership, I was about to let it go and just play mt guitar BUT . . .

This response really pi$$ed me off.
Marker wrote:People do read the Owners Manual,
Basically a RFM problem is nothing more than a "READ THE F****ING MANUAL!" ;)
santiall wrote:I call it RTFM but that's the thing, they should read it BEFORE :D
Really ! ! ? ? WTF?

My first complaint (that was judged too negative) was that the manual was thin and lacking vital info.

Now it's " Read The F@ckin Manual", well, if I read the F'in manual, and just swapped tubes without rebiasing I'd be F'ed.

Decide what it's going to be, provide the information or not, but then don't go saying that the consumer f'ed up and didn't read the manual if the information is NOT THERE In THE FIRST PLACE

WEAK SAUCE bro
6101 // DSL-1H // JVM-1H // DSL1C // AVT50 // JTM30 // MS-2 // Vox // Orange // Fender // Avid // Peavy // :Thumbs

santiall
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 10 times
Been liked: 141 times

Re: RTFM from 2555x Demo from NAMM

Postby santiall » 26 Jan 2015, 22:59

you should really take it easy and not be that susceptible... if you reread both messages that offended you you will notice that those ones were kind of ironic. Also, as I told you, the information you seem to keep demanding is printed on the amplifier itself. Moreover, if you have a look at the 2555X handbook filename, it says "provisional" or something like that. Not saying that what you demand will be written there (I don't know) but at least you could either suggest it or perhaps ask before wrong assuming and getting all pissed off.

cheers, nobody tried to offend you.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 26 Jan 2015, 23:35

Mike, the manuals are really "Operator Manuals" that show the new owner the features of the amp they just bought. The manual has not gone into specifics about amps maintenance for awhile now. This forum has a section of archived Marshall manuals both members and no members can download. You do not see the new 2555x manual up there yet because the one you referenced is only a draft copy and not final. We are all here to support each other should questions arise beyond the information provided in the manual.

http://marshallroadhouse.com/viewforum.php?f=49

The most recent amps released by Marshall that went into bias values were the AFD and the YJM because both had the auto bias feature. Your new car you bought does not tell you how to connect to your computer and set parameters either, they want you to take your car in for service.

Now honestly here, with the external bias points now provided on the 2555x it becomes very simple to bias this amp, if new owners have to ask how then I would argue they should not be poking around in there. Let it go man, if you buy one we will get you the bias numbers, we are all here to help.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Marker
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 393 times
Been liked: 321 times

Postby Marker » 27 Jan 2015, 01:34

Mike_LA, don't take this to serious.
It was just kiddin, not to be ofended.

The online 2555x Owners Manual says "Preview", it can still be changed. Also I do agree that it's not a good idea to explain the bias procedure on the Owners Manual so that anyone inexperienced may give it a try; in case someone doesn't knows how to set the bias on a tube amp than it's not a good idea to read a manual and follow some kind of tutorial based on it, you should really know what you're doing, you should know how to use a voltage meter, how to measure the plate voltage, what bias values you're shooting for,...
I'm sure the external bias measurement is to aid the technicians who do this kind of job, not the regular owner. Plus Santiago says that the bias values will be writen inside the chassis for technicians reference.
As an example, my 1999 Marshall TSL 100 also has external bias adjustment and also not a word is writen on the Owners Manual. The Owners Manual are the general instructions for the user to know how to operate the product as a user, not as a technician.
The AFD100 is a different case; it has the instructions to bias because indeed it's a feature of the amp, the user just selects the desired value on the back panel trimmer and the amp does it all for your.

It's like a car, when you buy a car and open the engine hood you can see many components of the vehicle: the engine, the brakes system, the air conditioned system, the filling spots, some control units, the diagnosis connector,... but that doesn't means that it's the owner of the vehicle that is going to make use of those easy access spots to to service or repair the vehicle, to disassemble the engine or the transmission,...

To sumarize, it's like:
- theory knows how things work but can't put it to work
- practice knows how to put things to work but doesn't knows why they work, all it knows is they work
Here we merge theory and practice: Nothing works and nobody knows why!!!

Just kiddin' again! :truce
Don't worry, in case you need help when I buy mine I'll take some pictures of the bias procedure and teach you how to do it.
Keep :jam your great Marshall collection!

Return to “Marshall General Discussion”