Marshall Studio 15 - best forum for Q's?

Marshall amplifiers not listed above. AVT, MG, Valvestate, Rack gear

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

redeyedjim
<25
<25
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Marshall Studio 15 - best forum for Q's?

Postby redeyedjim » 29 Dec 2015, 10:27

So I am soon to be the new owner of a Marshall Studio 15, and I am pretty psyched about it. Huzzah!

I'm sure I'll have some questions about getting the most/best tone from this amp and was wondering which Musicians Roadhouse sub-forum is the right one in which to ask questions about it? I know Marshall did not make a whole lot of these -- I have heard about 2000 were made during its run -- and I'm sure some of those owners and users are here. Where should I post questions about this amp? Here, in the general forum?

Thanks for any light you can shed.

aristotle
'54 Les Paul
'54 Les Paul
Has Liked: 87 times
Been liked: 527 times

Re: Marshall Studio 15 - best forum for Q's?

Postby aristotle » 29 Dec 2015, 14:27

This sub forum is probably as good as any. Those were / are super cool amps. Not many made, and even less are around today. My guess is that you'll be schooling us on how to beat run that thing. I played through one once years ago. My recollection is that they were sort of JCM 800 ish. All I know for sure is that I really liked it. Congrats. Not many of these come up for sale.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 29 Dec 2015, 14:30

Yep, nice little amps, aka 4001.

• $300 street.
• 15 watts, all tube. 2 6V6 power tubes. The first and only Marshall to use 6V6's.
• Built-in attenuator: 25 watt, 10 ohm, wire-wound power resistor. The "speaker emulator" [one user's term] is "nice for headphone use or for recording use". The first and only Marshall amp to include a built-in attenuator.
• Balanced direct XLR Out - the only guitar amp in the brochure to have this.
• Headphone jack on the back. The first valve amp that had a headphone jack.
• To use the attenuator, you unplug the cable of the built-in speaker from the Speaker Out jack, and plug it into the Headphone Out jack instead.
• Made 1986-1992.
• Controls on the front: From left to right: Input / Gain / Treble / Middle/ Bass / Output Level / Standby / Power.
• Controls on the back: Left to right: Power cable connector / Fuse / Balanced Direct Out (Floating Ground) / Speaker Out 8 ohm (disconnect speaker jack for muted or h'phone use) / Headphone Out / Line Out (unbalanced).
• 1x12 combo.
• 1 channel.
• 12" Celestion Vintage 30 speaker - the first Marshall amp to use this speaker.
• DC preamp tube filaments to minimize hum and noise.

Your in the right section.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

d2_racing
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 44 times

Postby d2_racing » 30 Dec 2015, 08:33

Do you know if it has the stock speaker ?

Here in Canada/USA you may find one for around 500-800$. They are really rare.
Marshall CSJTM145
Marshall CSJTMOSH
Petersen 1x12 Creamback

Return to “Marshall General Discussion”