Daily Routines, helpful hints, so on.

Post videos and tabs showing your stuff

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Kongels
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

Daily Routines, helpful hints, so on.

Postby Kongels » 16 Nov 2009, 16:09

So, figured I would try out a thread on basic stuff. Here are a few I like to do every now and then to keep up my licks.

Pick one note each day, say F# and find each one on the neck, do this until proficient.

Play Johnny B. Goode in B flat as fast as you can, Hendrix style, keeps them hands strong, lol.

So what else we got on simple stuff to share?

jab996
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 239 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Daily Routines, helpful hints, so on.

Postby jab996 » 20 Nov 2009, 14:58

I've been doing something similar by learning and memorizing the notes of the complete blues scale in all of its keys and positions, and on each string individually. Actually, I am surprised at how much this has helped me in all aspects my playing. Among other things, this is a good way to learn the matching notes of any key in different positions within that key. It works for me and of course this can be done with any scale not just the blues scale.

Spotted Dog
Diamond Member
Diamond Member
Has Liked: 105 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Spotted Dog » 16 Dec 2009, 21:36

jab996 wrote:I've been doing something similar by learning and memorizing the notes of the complete blues scale in all of its keys and positions, and on each string individually. Actually, I am surprised at how much this has helped me in all aspects my playing. Among other things, this is a good way to learn the matching notes of any key in different positions within that key. It works for me and of course this can be done with any scale not just the blues scale.
Yes, and simpler than one might think at first glance, although as always a little practice is a must. Great tip. Combine that with a little recognition of the 1-4-5, and 2 string power chord combination locations relative to those scales.
Joe, Jimi, Stevie, Derek, Carlos, Jimmy, Warren, Buddy, Dickie, Eric, Lonnie, Robin, Duane, Luther, David, Tommy, Walter

335, LPs, Strats, Teles, Myra -->> 2266, 425A, JTM1, JMP1H, JCM1H, Lone Star Special, Super Reverb, Dr Z Galaxie & Carmen Ghia, MG 15, Li'l Dawg Tweed Deluxe Clone

TS-808, Blues Driver; Lovepedal, Amp 50, MXR 78 BadAss, Les Lius, Java Boost, Fuzz Head, MXR 10 EQ, Deja Vibe, Cry Baby, Trinity Reverb, Alter Ego Delay, Rat, Big Muff, MK Boost

prahunt
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby prahunt » 27 Oct 2010, 12:25

I usually whack on a favourtie album and try to jam along, even with songs I don't know. Try and learn them and improvise a solo. Is great for tuning your ear, timing and improvisation. Just dont pick anything thats too fast. Otherwise its hard to get into the groove.

Daily:
Picking excercise - just running up and down the neck through your favourtie scale, shift it into different positions
Do same again but doing just hammer ons and pull offs. Great legato.

I don't do it daily, but wish I had the patience some days to, but playing with a metronome. Always improves your technique.

Return to “Roadhouse Technique”