Rob Roper (aka Ice Tre) music website

Post information of your bands website, Facebook, My Space. Soundclick or MixExposure site

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Ice Tre
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Rob Roper (aka Ice Tre) music website

Postby Ice Tre » 13 Dec 2011, 00:15

Hi y'all,

It's good to be here. I bought a VM2266 a few days ago, took me awhile to figure out how to get good tones, but now I'm very happy with it. A very versatile amp, it can cover a lot of tonal territory, and I like the fact that the volume is reasonable compared to my outrageously loud JCM800 2204. :)

My website is www.robroper.com. You can click on the music tab at the top to hear some of my songs.

Here's a few album reviews that describe my music:

"Combining a vocal delivery at times reminiscent of Joe Strummer, other times Peter Asher, Roper creates noticeable pop music. And here, his chameleon-like vocal delivery adds to the songs' power and impact. From the opening cut ("Falling Into Heaven") with its Tom-Petty-esque lope, to the heavy-footed elephant stomp of the title cut, Roper's musical persona is part folkie, part nerd, part conceptual artist, and part cultural critic."

"Roper's gentle blend of Americana and rock n roll is as memorable as the package it comes in ...plinks at heart strings and funny bones... finding both the sorrow and the humor in some of the shadowed crevices of day-to-day life... a solid songwriter with a talent for telling stories from unusual perspectives."

"...wittily sarcastic, poignantly emotional, and humorously edgy, with moments of beauty and grace and sadness and reflection."

"Pop music with a lyrical edge, similar to Elvis Costello"

"...drenched with emotion, with truly beautiful songs...A modest masterpiece."

"...the troubadour of the misfit"

I'm wondering how many of you got the joke of my forum name. Tell me the name of the movie it's from and I'll mail you my latest CD free.

Keep on rockin'. Looking forward to making music friends and discovering some new music here, in addition to learning how to use my VM2266.

Rob
Proud to play the Purple! Marshall Vintage Modern 2266 amp, that is.
Music Website: http://www.robroper.com

Return to “Band Promotion”