Moderator: longfxukxnhair

sikter
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 463 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Re: Emulated Line Out - IN-LINE ATTENUATOR - 200 or 600ohm

Postby sikter » 28 May 2015, 05:26

I guess LINE OUT should be designed to match LINE IN and I really hope all manufacturors are keeping that in mind.
Another thing:
There is a preamp after MIC input in the sound card. It has task to amplify signal from passive devices like microphones, guitars, basses...)
You can get too hot signal if you connect LINE OUT to MIC input even with gain ar Zero ( I refer to sound card preamp gain)
My card has -20dB pad on MIC input which gives me some flexibilty but I prefer to use LINE IN for DI recording.

My mate has same card ( M-Audio 4410) and he too gets too hot signal when he tries to record his Fender amp (DI recording)

LINE IN takes the signal from active devices.
When it comes to DI-recording, I've been testing multiprocessor GT-8, ordinary guitar pedals,some drum machines, keyboards, DVD players and even old VHS players.
It always worked well. Of course, I needed to adjust incoming signal on the device what was recorded from.

Even though MIC input can work in many cases, I always use LINE IN or SPDIF IN for DI recording.
I prefer to mic my cabs to get the sound I like but DI-recording is practical and helps me in the first phase of song making.
I live in appartment with my wife and two small children. Silent DI-recording saves my ass.
:dunno

jeb77
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Emulated Line Out - IN-LINE ATTENUATOR - 200 or 600ohm

Postby jeb77 » 05 Aug 2015, 04:35

Audio Technica AT8202
£49.58 Free Postage
https://www.soundbasemegastore.com/3731 ... t8202.html

Return to “Marshall JMD1”