Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Road King Police
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 25 times

Perspective

Postby Road King Police » 10 Aug 2013, 00:34

Went and spent a couple hundred tech dollars on my 1974 JMP...needed some help with an input going bad, got it converted to EL34's from KT 88/ 6550's, added back a PPIMV, and other things Dean did. It's quiet as a mouse now, cranks, but i have to tell you. I have an off shoot of pre set # 12, on the JMD, it's my beefy clean patch. I add a ZVex Box of Rock and a Full Drive 2 and with my Tele, and I'm just hard pressed to think that it's not the best thing ever. It was there before, but why is it better now? Perspective. If you listen to your own amps, recordings, other people playing in a room, with supposed holly grail equipment, you gain perspective, no pun intended. The best thing is realizing...you are you...you are the best you that exists...bar none and no one.

I'm now using the JMP for the left side of my thick sound. The JCM 800 now feeds my Leslie tremelo's. Again, I wouldn't have discovered the nuance without perspective. The JMD is the best classic rock amp I've ever been around. And I leave you with this....

If you're down and confused
And you don't remember who you're talking to
Concentration slips away
Because your baby is so far away

Well there's a rose in a fisted glove
And the eagle flies with the dove
And if you can't be with the one you love, honey
Love the one you're with
You gotta love the one you're with

Don't be angry, don't be sad
Don't sit crying talking good times you've had
Well there's a girl sitting right next to you
And she's just waiting for something to do

And if you can't be with the one you love, honey
Love the one you're with

Oh yea oh yea, yea
Lord, love the one you're with
Why don't you love?

Turn your heartache right into joy
She's a girl and you're a boy
Did you get it together and make it nice?
When you ain't gonna need anymore advice

Sometimes you can't be with the one you love, honey
Love the one you're with

You gotta love, oh love
You gotta love, oh love
You gotta love, love the one you're with
You gotta love, love

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Perspective

Postby surfnorthwest » 10 Aug 2013, 05:58

You know it's funny how so many JMD1 players discover what a great versatile amp it is as time goes on. That preamp 12 is the Mode 4, so yes it is beefy has hell.

The mods on your JMP are good ones, and while that is a amp you should hold on to I want to encourage you to try to run a pair of JMD1s in stereo, it is really really good.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Road King Police
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Perspective

Postby Road King Police » 10 Aug 2013, 21:55

Yo Rick, you have two hundred watt JMD's. I'd have to find a 50 watt head to match what i have...don't disagree with you at all on having two for a stereo set up. In fact, today was spent re-evaluating my 1960 cab and speaker options and their arrangement. Yeah, the JMP should be held on to. Sure wish I could get rid of some of the stuff I have hanging around to clear up clutter and look for another JMD. Don't see any around at the moment.

Wait, pre amp 11 is what I was referring to. The clean bottom end is really better than anything else. Some have mentioned how fat the cleans are on older Marshalls. No disagreement, but the bottom end plus shimmer on the JMD, at least how i dialed this pre amp in is really quite amazing. I'd like to reference you and anyone to this track. https://soundcloud.com/traylest/final-bnc-july at the 13:00 mark. I wish the rhythm was isolated so you could analyze better, but, enough said.

Return to “Marshall JMD1”