Moderator: longfxukxnhair

WaltK
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Clean Channel volume

Postby WaltK » 17 Oct 2013, 16:03

Finally had a chance to jam in the full band setting this weekend using the new lower pre amp levels and higher master. It was definitely the answer to the volume problem I was having. My clean patches are still maxed but my dirt patches are in the 4-5 range and some can probably go even lower. Everything sounded really sweet using the master to get my overall volume. We had a new bass player sit in and he was lovin the tone I had, I still haven't broken the news to him that the front end is modeled...
2555X
JMD-1 50W Head
Class 5 Head
3210 Lead 100 MOSFET
AVT 50C w/WGS Retro 30
1960AV
1966A
JTM C12 1X12

Road King Police
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Road King Police » 17 Oct 2013, 22:21

Hardly anyone anywhere goes straight from guitar in to the front of an amp, any amp. Those who do, God bless. But, you go back , and let's take any echo plex, Eventide, they all were in front of most amps 'back in the day'. And they colored the sound, one way or another, increased input, what have you. Factor in or out, diodes. Factor that or anything else in to a pedal board. It's all part of one's sound, one's tone, the JMD is excellent and simply has an excellent signal schematic, operationally speaking, in my opinion. It's why I have a second one arriving tomorrow. Match it with another vintage amp, and you can pretty much dial in what you want.

TwinACStacks
Diamond Member
Diamond Member
Has Liked: 149 times
Been liked: 232 times

Postby TwinACStacks » 27 Oct 2013, 16:54

surfnorthwest wrote:The more master volume added the more tube distortion is added.

:Scotland Can You Imagine That? It works the same as an all tube non-digital Marshall.

:Cheers :Cheers TWIN
I swear it's going to get warm sometime.

Reality is for those with no imagination

Resident Grumpy Old Fart and occasional Viking.....

Return to “Marshall JMD1”