Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Road King Police
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 25 times

Rehearsal finally, new greenbacks, JMD

Postby Road King Police » 12 Oct 2013, 23:42

I finally got a a chance to break out most but not all of my rig for a rehearsal tonight. I was reminded of how important it is to practice with what you plan on performing with. Primarily, I was eager to hear how the JMD:1 with new greenbacks in a 1960B would hold out. Well, and thanks to a new found love for a ZVEX Box of Rock, I was amazed at the low end thump and general mojo. Now, I'm using pre #11, but with the tele, slightly crunchy skit skatty rhythm chops were amazing. It was nice to be pushed from behind by lower end instead of the ears being cut off by midrange and buzz. The middle position of the tele 1963 Relic just is my sound in this chain. I have another JMD on the way, only UPS knows where it is, no tracking available, yikes, but I learned tonight that the dependability of the amp, the addition of the greenbacks, and a bit of other diversity is just really solid. I made a good decision on scooping up another JMD. My sense is they're getting a bit harder to find, don't know. I so dig the dependability in the diversity. 2 Marshall JMD's and an old Marshall JMP. As tough as life can be, I'm blessed and thankful.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Rehearsal finally, new greenbacks, JMD

Postby surfnorthwest » 13 Oct 2013, 05:30

You are going to get a 3D sound when you run both those heads in stereo, I know you will be impressed.

Preamp 11 emulates two great amps, the Bluesbreaker II + JCM800 2203. As you said with the greenbacks it is pretty damm good.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Road King Police
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Rehearsal finally, new greenbacks, JMD

Postby Road King Police » 13 Oct 2013, 09:51

When you get a lot of stuff going, and then when you take a JMD rig out of the man cave, basement, whatever, to the band environment, you appreciate the amp even more, particularly the noise gate. And given my JCM800 crapped out last night, as well as an issue with another amp, 3D aside, I'm going to be thankful for the dependable versatility. Not having 28 knobs or whatever like on the HJS makes things easy, brilliant actually.

I could see Marshall not wanting to take a chance in the market with another JMD. They tried it once, and let's face it, there's plenty of general market instability and unknown at present. Anything they might add...I'm not sure what it would be to make a JMD:2 game changing enough to dent the market for a return. Hell, the only thing that moved these things was the price drop. They pretty much dried up instantly after that. For me, I've got one true vintage Marshall to go with these babies plus a JCM800 combo that needs some care so, I'm good with my Marshall Museum. I can only play three at once anyway....... :laugher

Return to “Marshall JMD1”