musicfan
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Updated favorite settings?

Postby musicfan » 12 Apr 2014, 14:21

Hi guys and hopefully dolls...

any updated favorite ettings to share, it has been close to a year that I saw an update on the sticky.

anybody got some pedal combos to share?

Cheers,

Musicfan.

musicfan
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Updated favorite settings?

Postby musicfan » 16 Apr 2014, 13:41

I guess nobody has changed their settings on the JMD 1 since june 2013... no more new good pedal combo's?

Jam on,

Musicfan.

Woodhead
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 80 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby Woodhead » 16 Apr 2014, 18:59

I haven't changed mine to much since then . We're waiting on a new guy to give us something to try .
I know it's only rock and roll , but I like it .

Vmorjamn
<25
<25
Has Liked: 14 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Vmorjamn » 17 Sep 2014, 16:23

Lead tone 12 but I tune standard. Good lead tone for my Dean V SD, JB bridge. Master Vol 9:00 Vol 10:00 Treble @2:00 Middle @4:00 Bass @10:00 Gain dimed.

Notthedocter27
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 11 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Notthedocter27 » 21 Sep 2014, 23:01

I just added an If 6 was 9 Hendrix tone, will be adding more soon,.also started using the CMAT MODS Brownie,..which works Great to add a bit to any of the crunch/lead preamps I have tried it with, Really brings the tone to life..just ordered a MI Audio Crunchbox,..will see how that goes,.and would like to try a Barber Direct Drive and SL Drive but have not had the chance yet...will let all know how they work out..I am really impressed with the Brownie! but would like to have something I can set for my strats and an separate device for my SG,..

goldsparkletop
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 5 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby goldsparkletop » 22 Sep 2014, 20:52

I use two different cabinets with my JMD head, with different speakers in each. One cab is a Randall 412 XL with Celestian V30s, the other is a MojoTone 212 with Celestian Century Vintages.

I have had to save two separate batches of presets on the amp, each one tailored for use with one of the cabinets. The EQ settings are radically different in each preset group. If I play the presets for the Randall 412 through the MojoTone 212 (or vice versa), it sounds horrible.

Because my settings are so cab dependent, I think it's kind of pointless for me to post my settings unless you're playing through the exact same cabinet as me. On the rare occasions that I have tried other users' settings, they have sounded lousy to me through my cabs. For this reason I kinda feel the whole preset sharing thing, while great in concept, is not likely to be too satisfying (for me, anyway) unless we all get the exact same rigs.

:bang
Current live amp: JMD 50 watt head
Various Jackson, Kramer, BC Rich, and Gibson guitars
Amp history: Randall RM-4 Modular Tube Series, VHT power amp, Egnater TOL100, Carvin X-100B

jeffsmusic4919
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 414 times
Been liked: 362 times

Postby jeffsmusic4919 » 23 Sep 2014, 14:00

I use two different cabinets with my JMD head, with different speakers in each. One cab is a Randall 412 XL with Celestian V30s, the other is a MojoTone 212 with Celestian Century Vintages.

I have had to save two separate batches of presets on the amp, each one tailored for use with one of the cabinets. The EQ settings are radically different in each preset group. If I play the presets for the Randall 412 through the MojoTone 212 (or vice versa), it sounds horrible.

Because my settings are so cab dependent, I think it's kind of pointless for me to post my settings unless you're playing through the exact same cabinet as me. On the rare occasions that I have tried other users' settings, they have sounded lousy to me through my cabs. For this reason I kinda feel the whole preset sharing thing, while great in concept, is not likely to be too satisfying (for me, anyway) unless we all get the exact same rigs.

:bang
That is a very cogent point. Perhaps we should start sharing our emulated line out settings? :dunno As long as the speakers or headphones are set mostly flat, it should work. Although this feature is a very handy one, I haven't taken advantage of it yet. I have a lot of irons in the fire right now but I should try some.

Notthedocter27
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 11 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Notthedocter27 » 28 Sep 2014, 01:09

I agree, with the above,..different setups..ect..but it is helpful if someone was looking a nice starting point. May sound like shit on their setup,.but it may set off a tweaking of knobs that one might not have came across,..I think most understand that any settings they post are not going to be perfect for the next guy/gal...but it is cool to share the LOVE of the JMD!

:Cheers

Return to “Marshall JMD1”