Moderator: longfxukxnhair

jhall
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Just got a JMD-1 100 watt Head!

Postby jhall » 28 Dec 2014, 06:58

And I am loving it. The silent options are excellent and very flexible. I can use the preamp out and run my own cabinet impulses.
I can use the balanced line out into the mic input on my Eleven Rack (I also have a 20-30-30 db inline pad to tame the "heat" of the signal),
ect. This is a very legit amp and the capabilities are amazing.
This board has proven to be quite entertaining and helpful in "getting it" with this fine amp.
I have an old Scholtz Power Soak and have both a 1970s era 4x12 and a newer Bugera 2x12 cab (the Bugera is a suprisingly good cab. I had bought a pair of Emenence V-128s for it and ended up putting the original Bugera cones back in it). With this set up I can run the master way up and still not flatten myself. I wish I had got one of these amps sooner but I DID get this one as a trade for a Bugera V-55 + $200.00
and I got the Bugera used for $150.00 so I did well and the JMD is dead mint. This as am amp I WILL keep> I may even look for a deal on a 50 watt combo as a knock about.
Clips or vids at some point I'm sure will follow.

jab996
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 239 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Just got a JMD-1 100 watt Head!

Postby jab996 » 28 Dec 2014, 17:48

Congratulations, and Happy New Amp Day !

jab996
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 239 times
Been liked: 57 times

Postby jab996 » 28 Dec 2014, 17:48

Congratulations, and Happy New Amp Day !

P A U L
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 989 times
Been liked: 753 times

Postby P A U L » 28 Dec 2014, 20:23

:beerme

I have the 50 & love it! I'd stay away from the combos though because the cab's are weak. Well, unless you get a ridiculous price & have a custom cab made. I'm not much for combos anyway, so YMMV...

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 29 Dec 2014, 18:04

Congrats jhall, there are many uses for the JMD100, I never grow tired of using the amp.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

longfxukxnhair
Asshole
Asshole
Has Liked: 2301 times
Been liked: 1571 times

Postby longfxukxnhair » 29 Dec 2014, 19:19

Congrats Jhall!
Gibson
Voodoo
Slash Gld Top
Slash Drk Tobacco Burst
Standard A+
Slash Snake Pit
Copper Top Studio
Wine Red Studio
LP GT

MII
MII Urban Camo
Horizon FRII
SC Custom Shop
KH602
Horizon NT

Shecter Blck Market Custom
BC Rich Zoltan Bathory
Ovation
Jackson Soloist Pro
Jackson Dinky
Kramer SM1

Edwards John Sykes LP
Edwards LP 92SD QM
Custom Owens LP

6100 stack (blue) - Bogner Twin Jet - Engl SE 670 - Mesa Road King - Mesa Mark V:25 - 5150 III LBX

jhall
<25
<25

Postby jhall » 30 Dec 2014, 04:24

Thanks folks!
Last night I was able to program a few presets to play "Limelight" by Rush.
It was very easy to get all four sound types for this song. For the lead I needed to goose it with my OCD but it was perfect with that.
as I was playing through headphones with the JMD-1s balanced line out into my Eleven Rack with all EFX and Sims bypassed and padded the line down 40db. I had the eleven rack hooked to my laptop via USB so I could also play my i-Tunes stuff and mix them with the JMD-1 through the phones. I couldn't quite get the sustain I needed for the lead but the OCD did it and sounded great.
I'd think at volume through my 4x12 standing in the sweet spot I'd get there without the OCD but MAN was that fun. :Canada (I'm US American by the way but I had to give respect for a great and long lived band).
Right now I can't think of an amp I'd rather play through and I have a pile of 'em and a pile of modeling units and VSTs.
This and the foot controller are a very powerful tool set for any guitarist. My JCM-900 MK-III (not the SL-X) is sitting near by watching jealously :metal

jhall
<25
<25

Postby jhall » 30 Dec 2014, 04:37

jhall wrote:Thanks folks!
Last night I was able to program a few presets to play "Limelight" by Rush.
It was very easy to get all four sound types for this song. For the lead I needed to goose it with my OCD but it was perfect with that.
As I was playing through headphones with the JMD-1s balanced line out into my Eleven Rack with all EFX and Sims bypassed and padded the line down 40db. I had the eleven rack hooked to my laptop via USB so I could also play my i-Tunes stuff and mix them with the JMD-1 through the phones. I couldn't quite get the sustain I needed for the lead but the OCD did it and sounded great.
I'd think at volume through my 4x12 standing in the sweet spot I'd get there without the OCD but MAN was that fun. :Canada (I'm US American by the way but I had to give respect for a great and long lived band).
Right now I can't think of an amp I'd rather play through and I have a pile of 'em and a pile of modeling units and VSTs.
This and the foot controller are a very powerful tool set for any guitarist. My JCM-900 MK-III 100 watt head (not the SL-X) is sitting near by watching jealously :metal

Notthedocter27
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 11 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Notthedocter27 » 04 Jan 2015, 00:17

Congrats on the JMD! There is no Shame IMO to give it a push with pedals to get it to sound like what you want...it is modeled after many amps that people normally put pedals in front of,..so it makes sense to me at least...Still very happy with the JMD..are you using the footswitch to turn effects on/off or preset mode? I find the preset mode works best for me. Also, tubes, as with any other amp, really make a difference. If they still have the stock tubes(like mine did when I bought it) playing around with the phase inverter and power tubes will really help open it up. I am running the Tungsol El34b's and a Tungsol ECC803s Gold Pin. And don't forget the engaging the effects loop trick as well checking the bias. I have never tried the Bugera speakers, but I have tried the Bugera 1960 Infinium,and for $400 bucks, it is not too bad, with a few mods, ok Ill stop..ha..Enjoy the JMD and looking forward to some clips if you get some up...

Return to “Marshall JMD1”