Moderator: longfxukxnhair

jeb77
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

2 JMD1 50 Watts, stereo set up

Postby jeb77 » 04 Feb 2015, 04:16

Hi, Im loving my JMD1, purchased couple days before Christmas.
Now Im thinking i want to get another 50 watt so i can have a stereo set-up with two cabs.

What would be the best way to set this up,
can i run the pre amp out from amp 1 into the return on amp 2, and then speaker out from each amp into each cab.
Are both the preamp signal and the return signal before the effects?
And Im guessing if i use the midi THRU on amp 1 into the midi IN on amp 2 i can footswitch control both amps.
thanks for your advice
regards

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: 2 JMD1 50 Watts, stereo set up

Postby surfnorthwest » 04 Feb 2015, 05:44

Buy a Marshall 16ohm 4x12 stereo cabinet. You will then switch the cabinet to stereo, set both heads to 8ohms, plug both heads into the cabinet.

How you connect the guitar and chain the heads together depends on if you want to use one of the amps preamps or both which would allow two different tones.

I have 2 JMD1 100 watt heads. I run them into a 1960B cabinet in stereo setting one for a heavy crunch and the other more clean. I go guitar>Morley ABC box> both head guitar in. When I got the delay on both to sync its pretty damm good.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Return to “Marshall JMD1”