Has anyone experienced a pause when switching banks?

JMD1 Head and Combo

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Axeman.trav
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Has anyone experienced a pause when switching banks?

Postby Axeman.trav » 16 Sep 2016, 12:47

When switching from my rhythm sound to my lead sound I get a quick pause anyone have this problem.

jeffsmusic4919
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 414 times
Been liked: 362 times

Re: Has anyone experienced a pause when switching banks?

Postby jeffsmusic4919 » 16 Sep 2016, 15:18

I really depends on how you are switching channels. I have never used the stock pedal before, so on that I can't really comment. My VOX multi-effects MIDI pedal had noticeable lag when I ran the guitar through it into the JMD. My new setup has cut the lag time and is almost or not noticeable. If you have the stock setup, I can say that lagged switching is a known issue with some users of the TSL. To a lesser extent the JVM410, the JVMHJS has somewhat faster switching than its brother. In some of the designs there are noticeable clicks or pops when changing channels, so they delay the switching to minimize the effect.

This lagged switching is a serious bone of contention with me. I have owned a TSL100 since December and it has been sitting on the work bench ever since because of it. I hope to get it modded out before next spring. I can't understand why Marshall puts band aids on designs instead of fixing it at the source. I am assuming it is a R and D money issue. I have owned a Original ValveState since '92 or so and I never had an issue with it, switching wise.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 17 Sep 2016, 04:05

A slight delay when switching is normal in the JMD1.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

jeffsmusic4919
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 414 times
Been liked: 362 times

Postby jeffsmusic4919 » 17 Sep 2016, 18:19

The nice thing is that the amp is responsive to pick dynamics and your volume/tone nobs. Some of the lag issues can be easily mitigated.

Do do have the effects loop engaged?

Axeman.trav
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby Axeman.trav » 25 Sep 2016, 05:48

I do not use the effects loop I have my main sound and then switch bank to my lead channel which has a delay and more volume to make the leads louder

Return to “Marshall JMD1”