Crossfire655
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Just bought a JMD1 , my opinion and review

Postby Crossfire655 » 15 Mar 2010, 12:22

Hi all

I must admit i was pretty skeptical at first of the whole digital modelling idea but i really need lots of different tones playing in a cover band.

I am really impressed by it , all the preamp tones sound awesome and i can get a close sound to all the music i cover such as slash , acdc , gary moore and zz top.

I really like the sounds of all the effects except for the phaser and flanger but they dont really fit into my playing style.

The Noise gate is really useful playing on higher gain settings , preventing any noise or hum and the Chorus is awesome on clean tones.

I prefer the reverb on this to the vintage modern and the delays are really nice.
, i can also cut down on the pedalboard now.

I wish the effects were more controllable but i really am nit picking.

The best thing about this amp in my opinion is being able to program any tone into the footswitch and being able to instantly change on the fly. you can go from a nice clean chorus into lead tone very easily without having to hit lots of pedals or having to fiddle with your amp eq.

Overall really impressed by the JMD1 , i would highly suggest giving it a try and dont knock it until you try it. Marshall and softube have done a really great job on this.

I didnt get a warranty card in the box , I guess the store forgot to put it in but will just register it online.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Just bought a JMD1 , my opinion and review

Postby surfnorthwest » 15 Mar 2010, 13:18

Congrats on the JMD, wait until you have had it for a couple of weeks and get some tones tweaked. Which JMD model did you buy. Your review was about spot on with my thoughts also. I originally was hard on the noise gate but have since learned how to fine tune it.

It is good to read more reviews in this amp. For anyone that has actually played the amp for more than 5 minutes the reviews have all been very positive. I hold to the statment that this amp will become very popular, I love it.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Crossfire655
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby Crossfire655 » 15 Mar 2010, 14:27

Thanks surf , i went with the 100 watt head and 425b.

Its my first half stack and couldnt be happier with it.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 15 Mar 2010, 19:03

Excellent combination my man, I am finding big mojo on preamp 1, 5 and 7. I guess me and you can enjoy it until everyone else figures it out. :whatever

Has a lot of balls doesn't it. Can you believe the gain you can dial in on some of the overdrive preamps :eek :eek ,

I am keeping my master on 5 and the preamp volume at about 7, really like to dial off the gain but man when you roll it up it is just sick.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Return to “Marshall JMD1”