Moderator: longfxukxnhair

guitarest
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Has Liked: 470 times
Been liked: 621 times

JMD hitting the stage again....

Postby guitarest » 07 Sep 2011, 17:39

Got a call today to fill in for a lead player and they asked that I bring that killer Marshall tube amp they saw me playing through at my last show. I will be playing a few hours and showing off the JMD again and its a festival and last hurrah before winter and get this the event is called....

wait for it....

wait......

Its called a "Mullet Fest"

I cracked up, hey it 300 for the night and I can do that for sure.....

Jocko

Lights, knobs, switches, tolex
and other items of worthless junk

335guy
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: JMD hitting the stage again....

Postby 335guy » 07 Sep 2011, 18:05

Hey Guitarest, I think you and I are in the same stomping grounds. Where is the festival?

guitarest
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Wounded Warrior Dogs

Postby guitarest » 07 Sep 2011, 22:11

Biloxi, unsure of where I think its at the civic center on one of those outside stages.

Jocko

jab
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 20 times

Postby jab » 08 Sep 2011, 10:12

let us know how the gig/JMD goes at this one. I got unsolicited compliments on my JMD first gig and have my 2nd gig this weekend. Curious to know your favorite settings and what style of music you're playing. So many choices on the amp I think it's going to take a few months to finally find the preferred settings. For classic rock right now I'm stuck on Classic for clean, Vintage for crunch, and Full in the crunch section for my OD tone. I haven't experimented much with the fx yet.
JMD:1 50W head (in the past: Marshall VM 2266/DSL 50/Mesa Boogie Stiletto/Dual Rec/Electra Dyne/Vox Night Train), Mesa Boogie V-30 Roadster cabs, Barber Tone Press, Eventide Timefactor, Nebula Mojohand Phaser, Xotic RC, Rocktron Talkbox, Guitars (1958 Historic Reissue Wildwood Spec LP, Custom Shop ES-335, Custom Shop LP Jr., Amer Deluxe Tele, '57 Reissue Strat, HSS Strat, Martin DC-16RGTE, Taylor 355CE 12 string, Godin A8 & Kentucky KM-1000 mandolins, Pono ukulele, Gold Tone PBS Resonator).

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 08 Sep 2011, 13:03

Video one of your gigs with the JMD cooking, love to see it.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

guitarest
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Wounded Warrior Dogs

Postby guitarest » 09 Sep 2011, 08:59

jab wrote:let us know how the gig/JMD goes at this one. I got unsolicited compliments on my JMD first gig and have my 2nd gig this weekend. Curious to know your favorite settings and what style of music you're playing. So many choices on the amp I think it's going to take a few months to finally find the preferred settings. For classic rock right now I'm stuck on Classic for clean, Vintage for crunch, and Full in the crunch section for my OD tone. I haven't experimented much with the fx yet.
I keep my patches really simple, currently I use only one bank of 4 for 99% of my tunes.

1A= Very Clean (Preamp 1) with chorus, slight delay
1B= Overdriven (Preamp 9) with slight reverb and noise gate
1C= Metal Distortion (Preamp 12) with slight delay and noise gate
1D= Lead (Preamp 15) with Slapback echo and noise gate

If I need a special patch it goes in bank two, So far only have 2 programmed there, the delay for Run Like Hell, and the Delay for Happiest days of our Lives; both tunes by Pink Floyd.

Jocko

Return to “Marshall JMD1”