Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Cousin Muely
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 2794 times
Been liked: 2474 times

Flashback X4 Issue

Postby Cousin Muely » 31 Jul 2015, 05:12

I like the delay sounds it has plus the Editor Software is great for fine tuning them but the Expression Pedal feature is an afterthought in design. No matter how I program the X4 it will not hold Expression Pedal settings going from one patch to the next. Very frustrating cause this feature along with being able to select multiple delays was one of the reasons why I bought it. If I set it and stay on that patch it is fine. This comes in handy and fits a few tunes we do. Really adds dynamics to some parts.

I use the X4 in a rack that houses my Badcat Unleash and JCM1. I run the X4 through the loop of the Unleash. My plan was to select the delays from a MIDI Mouse Controller (this works fine) and also control the volume of the delays in each patch from the Expression Pedal. I have the current Firmware installed and I've run across threads where this issue was supposed to be resolved.

Everything is great with it other than the Expression problem. Might want to keep this in mind if you have similar plans for it unless somebody that owns one has a fix for this. If I can't then I guess I'm going to go with a rack mounted Delay like maybe a D2 but the X4 gives me everything I need other than the BS Expression design.

Sai
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Flashback X4 Issue

Postby Sai » 15 Aug 2015, 04:46

I use the X4 and editor but in the dark on the expression pedal thing. Have you tried to contact TC support?

Cousin Muely
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 2794 times
Been liked: 2474 times

Re: Flashback X4 Issue

Postby Cousin Muely » 17 Aug 2015, 11:26

Sai wrote:I use the X4 and editor but in the dark on the expression pedal thing. Have you tried to contact TC support?
Apologize for not catching your post Sai. Yes, I have sent a request in to TC and I'm working with them. I will post when I get this cleared up.

Return to “Guitar Effects”