Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Peveo
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 39 times

Fuzz Face problems..

Postby Peveo » 05 Jan 2020, 11:15

An attack of GAS did made me buy a Dunlop Fuzz Face FFM3, also listening to Hendrix Band of Gypsies did help bit..
Already have a Sampler Velvet Fuzz(great pedal) but decide to give myself a Christmas present and bought aFuzzFace.
Great pedal and y find it more transparant then the Wampler but it also gives me more problems in my signal chain.
Here's the signal chain.
Wah>Compressor>Univibe>Octavia>Phaser>Fuzzface>Wampler Velvet Fuzz> MojoMojo OD> Booster>Chorus>Flanger>Delay>Reverb> AMP

Everything seems pretty balanced for example, when y use the Wampler or Mojomojo with Uvibe and reverb or Wampler with Chorus the overall volume and tone is in balance but when y do the same with the FuzzFace the volume chances(with Uvibe softer with chorus louder) and the tone is different (with chorus much brighter)
No balance at all!!

Is this a Fuzz face issue or is this a problem that can be solved via the internal trimpot in the Fuzz Face?
Y do like the Fuzz Face but its hard balance the pedal with my other pedals..
Marshall JTM45RI , 1936 cab with v30, Laney lionheart L5 studio Head, Fender Superchamp X2 combo, Fender Blues de Luxe combo ,Strats, Tele, Les Paul, Seagull S6, Fender 12 string and a lot of stompboxes.
And i'm still collecting... :cowbell

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Fuzz Face problems..

Postby surfnorthwest » 05 Jan 2020, 12:21

Really no way to give you an answer. This is going to be one of these things where you need to experiment with the FuzzFace in different positions.

Robin Trower puts his fuzz after the Univibe
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Jwalkin
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 1466 times
Been liked: 1363 times

Postby Jwalkin » 05 Jan 2020, 23:14

Try moving the Phaser before flanger. You could use a clean boost with the Univibe when FuzzFace is engaged.

Lets us know what you find that works best.
I was Jwalkin when it hit me

SteveD
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 936 times
Been liked: 930 times

Postby SteveD » 06 Jan 2020, 00:25

If the FF is the original circuit it isn't buffered. Therefore its performance is heavily dependant on the output impedance of what comes before it and the input impedance of what comes after it.

Back in the day guitar > Wha > FF >UV > amp
Still my guitar gently weeps

Peveo
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Peveo » 09 Jan 2020, 10:36

So at the end y did put the Fuzz Face before the Dejavibe although that option gives me to much high end at my opinion9 but its easy to control with the tone knob on my Strat) it does work better this way. The Velvet Fuzz however likes the Dejavibe before it way better.
And now its time for a beer and some guitar playing...JTM45 all fired up, Strat within reach and I'm off..... :cowbell
Marshall JTM45RI , 1936 cab with v30, Laney lionheart L5 studio Head, Fender Superchamp X2 combo, Fender Blues de Luxe combo ,Strats, Tele, Les Paul, Seagull S6, Fender 12 string and a lot of stompboxes.
And i'm still collecting... :cowbell

Return to “Guitar Effects”