Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Wampler Pedals Releases the Ratsbane

Postby surfnorthwest » 04 Mar 2021, 19:58

Any fans of the old RAT pedal? Well Brian once again nails it with a reissue modern tweak of the classic RAT pedal.

Based on an infamous circuit from a classic “Rodent-based” 1980’s high gain distortion pedal, the Ratsbane is Brian’s answer to the countless requests he has received to build his interpretation of this much-loved design.

If you are looking for a single pedal solution with multiple degrees of gain from light overdrive to full out saturated fuzz tones, then you’ll surely love the Ratsbane. The Ratsbane is based on a true benchmark sound amongst guitarists that has been heard on thousands of famous recordings.

$149.97

My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Green Manalishi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 5 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Wampler Pedals Releases the Ratsbane

Postby Green Manalishi » 21 Jul 2021, 11:04

I am a big Rat fan. At one point I had 7 different Rat pedals, including some vintage, Turbo Rat, You Dirty Rat, a 1987 Rat 2, Fat Rat.

I currently have only the Fat Rat, as it sounded exactly like my 1987 Rat once I put in a LM308 opamp. I bought a Chicago Stompworks Mr. Vermin recently for a 2nd board. That sounds good too.

I saw the video for the Ratsbane, and it sounds good. I just don't like mini pedals.
Crossroadsnyc douche of the year, and everyone at TGP tied for 2nd

Return to “Guitar Effects”