kissfanps
Consigliere
Consigliere
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Vibe

Postby kissfanps » 07 Jan 2009, 07:49

faze wrote:
kissfanps wrote:Faze, that has to be one of the most unconventional chains i have seen, but it sounds awesome dude. I love the sound of a vibe into an OD pedal.
Thanks Kissfanps I tried it with the distortion before the vibe and it was pretty good too.
I would normally always run my distortion and overdrives into my vibe pedals.
Then I read an article in Guitar Player Magazine were Robin Trower was talking about his set up
and how Mike Fuller at Fulltone suggested he put his distortion after his Deja Vibe so I tried it
and really liked what I heard and ended up keeping my distortion after the vibe I was actually
surprised it sounded so much better. Robin even stated in the article he always ran his distortion
into his Uni Vibe back in the day and up until Mike gave him the advise to change it. 8)

Thanks
faze
That is exactly where I heard it from.
Marshall Class 5
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266C
Granger M50
Cox Tweed Twin
Gibson Les Paul Custom w/ Skatterbrane Goldbranes
Tele Partscaster - USACG '54 Neck, 50's RI Body, Lollars
Fender '56 NOS Stratocaster
Guitar -> TC Polytune -> Fulltone Clyde Deluxe -> TS-808 -> Suhr Koko Boost -> Way Huge Aqua Puss -> Lovepedal Echo Baby -> Amp

lowenzz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Postby lowenzz » 07 Jan 2009, 10:23

Lowendz how do you like that Phaser? Looks pretty interesting.
I am loving it I was looking at the subdecay, option 5 and of course the RetroSonic.

The subdecay is great, does alot of different stuff. The option5 is cool as well, especially if someone was inclined to go stereo from the pedal.

Those both are really nice pedals.

I'm not real picky and pretty easy to satisfy, but I really loved the simplicity of the RetroSonic, It is truely the warmest phase I've ever tried. I like the smaller size of course, even though I have tons of room.

I have tried to not go much over $200 a pedal, so the redwitch and TC were outa the budget. I tried a Nano stone and found it to be way to overpowering for me.

I'm a late bloomer to this pedal stuff and really starting to GAS badly for everything. I tried a bunch of Lovepedals as well, they are really nice. It was either the COT or the eternity that I really liked can't remember. I was so overwhelmed that day. say 250 booteeks in front of me. Faze you should try some Barber stuff. They won me over.

Beautiful board Faze.
"Just got paid today, Got me a pocket full of change",Rev BFG

Marshall VM2266 Head
425B cab G12C's

lowenzz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: pedals

Postby lowenzz » 07 Jan 2009, 17:00

faze wrote:
lowenzz wrote:
Lowendz how do you like that Phaser? Looks pretty interesting.
I am loving it I was looking at the subdecay, option 5 and of course the RetroSonic.

The subdecay is great, does alot of different stuff. The option5 is cool as well, especially if someone was inclined to go stereo from the pedal.

Those both are really nice pedals.

I'm not real picky and pretty easy to satisfy, but I really loved the simplicity of the RetroSonic, It is truely the warmest phase I've ever tried. I like the smaller size of course, even though I have tons of room.

I have tried to not go much over $200 a pedal, so the redwitch and TC were outa the budget. I tried a Nano stone and found it to be way to overpowering for me.

I'm a late bloomer to this pedal stuff and really starting to GAS badly for everything. I tried a bunch of Lovepedals as well, they are really nice. It was either the COT or the eternity that I really liked can't remember. I was so overwhelmed that day. say 250 booteeks in front of me. Faze you should try some Barber stuff. They won me over.

Beautiful board Faze.
Lowenzz Thanks bro I always loved the small stone phase shifter form the 70's I never owned a phase which is ironic being my name is faze
hahha anyway If I was to add anything else to my board it would be a phase pedal. At the moment I am very happy with the tones
and options my set up is giving me right now. I actually sold my HW Eternity to get Seans new E6 Eternity the white one on my board
and man I could not be happier with that pedal. IMHO it is the best Eternity he has built.

It is very open and wide yet warm and thick
sounding with ton's of sustain. It also sounds great with both my Fender Vibro King and my Plexi. What I decided to do a while back ago
was sell my Les Paul and concentrate on my board and just stick with what I know my Fender Stratocasters.

I have no regret's at all.
I finally found my tone it took some trail and error and I went through some pedals some I bought and sold and even bought them again!
My Mini Deja my wah and my moogerfooger! I guess it's true you don't know a good thing until it's gone. Thank God I got them back. Lol!
Thanks great pedals you have there too.
faze
Since you dig on vibe alot, I would point you towards the Redwitch as it's got a dual function thing going on, I haven't tried it myself but it is highly regarded and has a loyal following, although it is out of my self imposed budget. I would imagine it would gel with your rig nicely.

I would love to know the technical differences between vibes and phases as some I've found can sound "somewhat" similar.

LOL the Moogs, I dont even wanna plug into one ever and find out how awesome they are. I'll bet the delay and phase versions are sweet though.

Marshall VM2266 Head
425B cab G12C's

lowenzz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby lowenzz » 07 Jan 2009, 17:01

coldsteal2 wrote:Got rid of the clutter

well sort of now the clutter is on top

Loving the old quadraverb. Nothing says 80's like an ADA pre and a quadraverb.

Marshall VM2266 Head
425B cab G12C's

Supernaught
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Supernaught » 07 Jan 2009, 19:06

I just bought this Boss BCB-60 today, along with the Big Muff Pi.

I havent had a chance to play with it much yet so I havent decided whats going where. I could do with getting a power supply for the Muff, or an adaptor for the existing Boss jacks if such a thing exists.

Fender Strat (Bare Knuckle Custom '62 pickups), Gibson Les Paul Standard T 2016, Ibanez PGM301, Dean ML, Dean Razorback,
Marshall 2266c
Marshall 2266 half stack
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe I

jsegovia
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Been liked: 0

Postby jsegovia » 07 Jan 2009, 19:58

Here's my board - not too imaginative, it's almost all Boss stuff. I'm not done yet; I've got space to the left of the VM foot switch for an overdrive pedal, maybe the OCD??? I'm also not liking the Ernie Ball volume pedal. I'll probably replace it with the Dunlop volume pedal that matches the Crybaby wah.

guitar -> TU-2 Tuner -> Ernie Ball Volume Pedal -> Dunlop Crybaby Wah -> CS-3 Compressor/Sustainer -> PH-3 Phase Shifter -> BF-3 Flanger -> TR-2 Tremolo -> RT-20 Rotary Ensemble -> CE-20 Chorus Ensemble -> DD-20 Giga Delay -> NS-2 Noise Suppressor -> VM 2466/425A.

'07 Marshall Vintage Modern 2466
'07 Marshall 425A cab
'89 Gibson Les Paul Custom three pickup
'05 Fender Eric Johnson Strat

classic rock
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Postby classic rock » 07 Jan 2009, 22:57

ELECTRIC GUITARS
American Strat APS-2 \ Gibson Les Paul #34 '57s \ Gibson Les Paul Classic Burstbucker Pros \
AMPS
Marshall VM 2466 425A Cab \ 65 Fender Bassman 50 Watt \ 93 Fender Vibroverb
EFFECTS
Dunlop JH-F1 > Barber Direct Drive LG > Zendrive > Lovepedal Vibe > Fulltone Wah > Korg Pitch Black Tuner > Radial Bigshot A/B/Y Switch
ATTENUATORS
Marshall Powerbrake \ Dr Z Airbrake - - - Powebrake definitely takes the cake - - -

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby slowpokerhino » 08 Jan 2009, 16:23

Supernaught wrote: I could do with getting a power supply for the Muff, or an adaptor for the existing Boss jacks if such a thing exists.

1 Spot (Visual Sound) makes an adapter. GC may have it.

jallstars
<100 Posts
<100 Posts

Postby jallstars » 08 Jan 2009, 21:37

jsegovia wrote:Here's my board - not too imaginative, it's almost all Boss stuff. I'm not done yet; I've got space to the left of the VM foot switch for an overdrive pedal, maybe the OCD??? I'm also not liking the Ernie Ball volume pedal. I'll probably replace it with the Dunlop volume pedal that matches the Crybaby wah.

guitar -> TU-2 Tuner -> Ernie Ball Volume Pedal -> Dunlop Crybaby Wah -> CS-3 Compressor/Sustainer -> PH-3 Phase Shifter -> BF-3 Flanger -> TR-2 Tremolo -> RT-20 Rotary Ensemble -> CE-20 Chorus Ensemble -> DD-20 Giga Delay -> NS-2 Noise Suppressor -> VM 2466/425A.

wow have you ever noticed any tone suckage? Pretty much every pedal in there is a buffere except for the vp.

bluesbrother
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Re: My pedal Board with youtube link demo

Postby bluesbrother » 09 Jan 2009, 11:09

http://www.youtube.com/user/fazeblaze[/quote]

Faze i really enjoyed your pedalboard demo, sounds great man!!!!

Unfortunately i do not have any recording equipment so i can only post a picture of my board.
I made it myself , it is made of meranti wood with carpet glued on it and pedals put on with velcro.

I got a little space left for a amp switcher since i got 2 amps now........
epiphone les paul standard 1959 limited edition .
epiphone BB King Lucille
Orange Crush 35 RT
boss e-band JS-8 ( 32 GB for backing tracks)
beyer dynamic DT 880 Pro headphones.

Kongels
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Kongels » 09 Jan 2009, 11:39

Bluesbrother, you are just running the pickup booster as a boost pedal where its at I guess? Did you not like the resonance feature?

bluesbrother
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Postby bluesbrother » 09 Jan 2009, 12:48

I like the twang a strat gives if i want a humbucker sound i take my les paul.
It could be usefull though but i never really used it much and my digitech brian may
really starts to rip with the pickupbooster behind it. It is always alot of switching
to get a setup that works for you...... I use to play a voxac30 with a insane amount of
pedals so this pedal board is bare to the bone for me.With a les paul i only use reverb and occasionally
delay( sometimes a treble booster on the neck pick-up.The other effects i use with a strat.
The seymour duncan pickup booster is a really underestamated pedal and i really like it especially
with a strat.I have had others..... lovepedal cot50,fulltone fatboost but the seymour gives that little edge to
the sound i really like.Very very good pedal!!!!!and not expensive either.
epiphone les paul standard 1959 limited edition .
epiphone BB King Lucille
Orange Crush 35 RT
boss e-band JS-8 ( 32 GB for backing tracks)
beyer dynamic DT 880 Pro headphones.

jsegovia
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Postby jsegovia » 09 Jan 2009, 13:58

jallstars wrote: wow have you ever noticed any tone suckage? Pretty much every pedal in there is a buffere except for the vp.
Not really. I often play my guitar straight in with no effects as well as through a small rack (Roland GP-8 and Yamaha SPX90II) and the amp-only tone sounds pretty much the same in all three states.

'Guess buffers are overrated. :)

Jesse
'07 Marshall Vintage Modern 2466
'07 Marshall 425A cab
'89 Gibson Les Paul Custom three pickup
'05 Fender Eric Johnson Strat

Supernaught
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Supernaught » 09 Jan 2009, 16:03

Classic rock, I see you like Fulltone stuff too. Ive been GASing for a Clyde for a while. Is it REALLY worth the stupid price tag?
Fender Strat (Bare Knuckle Custom '62 pickups), Gibson Les Paul Standard T 2016, Ibanez PGM301, Dean ML, Dean Razorback,
Marshall 2266c
Marshall 2266 half stack
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe I

kissfanps
Consigliere
Consigliere
Been liked: 25 times

Postby kissfanps » 09 Jan 2009, 16:32

the clyde is DEF worth the money. i actually traded my standard in for a deluxe because it is that much better. i have never had more control over my wah.
Marshall Class 5
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266C
Granger M50
Cox Tweed Twin
Gibson Les Paul Custom w/ Skatterbrane Goldbranes
Tele Partscaster - USACG '54 Neck, 50's RI Body, Lollars
Fender '56 NOS Stratocaster
Guitar -> TC Polytune -> Fulltone Clyde Deluxe -> TS-808 -> Suhr Koko Boost -> Way Huge Aqua Puss -> Lovepedal Echo Baby -> Amp

Return to “Guitar Effects”