Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Slash1337
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 29 times
Been liked: 78 times

Just aquired Electro Harmonix English Muffin'

Postby Slash1337 » 15 Feb 2009, 19:24

This pedal is great, add's two pre amp tubes kinda. Doesn't work very well in the high dynamic range though.. but go to the low dynamic put the gain on the pedal to about 3/4, and almost full volume and it works wonders. You can get a REALLY nice ZZ Top sound, and I have it worked right now that I have a very Jack White sound on the low dynamic channel. Kinda like that tone on Consolers Of The Lonely. VERY cool pedal indeed. Everyone should check it out. It was kinda pricey but Long and Mcquade had a bunch of stuff on sale and I HAD to buy something.. originally I was gonna buy a 12 string.. but then I realised it was valentines day and I had to go pick up some freakin flowers and dinner and shit... Anyways, I'm very glad with my purchase.

Carlo
"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste"
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Marshall AFD100
Gibson R9 Faded Tobacco
60' Gibson Goldtop LP
Epiphone Elitist LP Custom
Marshall 1960TV w/ G12H Greenbacks
Crybaby Zakk Wylde
Dunlop Heil Talk Box

http://www.facebook.com/Deadrivalsofficial

LivewireBlanco
The Professor
The Professor
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Just aquired Electro Harmonix English Muffin'

Postby LivewireBlanco » 15 Feb 2009, 21:24

Slash1337 wrote:.. but then I realised it was valentines day and I had to go pick up some freakin flowers and dinner and shit...
LOL, if that doesn't mean love...I don't know what does! :lol:
"I play country the way a good rock guitarist should."
http://www.myspace.com/buckshotbradley

bluesbrother
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Postby bluesbrother » 15 Feb 2009, 22:11

EHX bigger pedals always have some mojo and go to eleven(go further where other pedals stop)
I had a double muff...very cheap pedal with a good sound and unbelievable drive.
People who really love the englisch muffin most of the time have a solid state marshall and want some
tube warmth......
epiphone les paul standard 1959 limited edition .
epiphone BB King Lucille
Orange Crush 35 RT
boss e-band JS-8 ( 32 GB for backing tracks)
beyer dynamic DT 880 Pro headphones.

Slash1337
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Slash1337 » 16 Feb 2009, 23:10

I like Jack White in The Raconteurs personally. But yeah, I can see why SS owners would like it. It's pretty sick. I keep playing around with it to try and find something that fits my playing style. I've never really used to OD pedals. But when I'm on the High Dynamic Range, I have the Body at about 6, and Detail at 9ish. Mid boost in. I have the setting for the EQ on the English Muffin' the same as my amp. But when I engage it in the High Dynamic range I get a very loud humming sound, and u bearable feedback. Is there a way around this so I can use it on the high dynamic range cause it does add a bit of OD already on top, and while I play it sounds great.. just when I stop I get a muffled hum thats very loud, and then feedback that follows.
Marshall AFD100
Gibson R9 Faded Tobacco
60' Gibson Goldtop LP
Crybaby Zakk Wylde
Dunlop Heil Talk Box

lowenzz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Postby lowenzz » 17 Feb 2009, 05:09

Slash1337 wrote:I like Jack White in The Raconteurs personally. But yeah, I can see why SS owners would like it. It's pretty sick. I keep playing around with it to try and find something that fits my playing style. I've never really used to OD pedals. But when I'm on the High Dynamic Range, I have the Body at about 6, and Detail at 9ish. Mid boost in. I have the setting for the EQ on the English Muffin' the same as my amp. But when I engage it in the High Dynamic range I get a very loud humming sound, and u bearable feedback. Is there a way around this so I can use it on the high dynamic range cause it does add a bit of OD already on top, and while I play it sounds great.. just when I stop I get a muffled hum thats very loud, and then feedback that follows.
when in high range, try rolling back the gains to around 3-5, detail the higher one. And no mid boost. Your running that amp damn near maxed on everything allready. There is no room for more color in the overdrive sense. If you drop your amps gain, you will have better luck at blending in your overdrive pedals. Good Luck.
"Just got paid today, Got me a pocket full of change",Rev BFG

Marshall VM2266 Head
425B cab G12C's

crossroadsnyc
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Been liked: 19 times

Postby crossroadsnyc » 22 Feb 2009, 11:42

Slash, how does the pedal affect your sound when it's not turned on but still in your chain? Do you notice any change in your clean tones?

Slash1337
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Slash1337 » 30 May 2009, 14:05

Ummm. I couldn't hear any differences that's for sure. It's a sick pedal. But I haven't really used it that much unless I'm in the low range. Which I barely use in the first place :P
Marshall AFD100
Gibson R9 Faded Tobacco
60' Gibson Goldtop LP
Crybaby Zakk Wylde
Dunlop Heil Talk Box

Bluesburst
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 11 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Bluesburst » 02 Jun 2009, 02:01

Slash1337 wrote: originally I was gonna buy a 12 string.. but then I realised it was valentines day and I had to go pick up some freakin flowers and dinner and shit...
Never underestimate that stuff :no

I know you have plenty of time but do it right, get the right lady and you may just end up with one that buys you Gibson and Fender guitars for presents...

I did :dance
Be good... or be good at it!!!

Martin

Return to “Guitar Effects”