Moderator: longfxukxnhair

ngibson
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Marhall bluesbreaker pedal(BB1)

Postby ngibson » 07 Mar 2009, 04:03

loving the new forum layout thanks surf... Hey have any of ye ever tried or owned the original bb1 pedal from marhall.i've only heard about them for the first time recently and the reviews i have been reading make me want one bad.

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Marhall bluesbreaker pedal(BB1)

Postby slowpokerhino » 07 Mar 2009, 08:19

I had one years ago and I recall liking it a lot. Not too long ago I ran across a "mint" one on ebay for $70 and couldn't pass it up. Unfortunately the pedal did look new but didn't work so I had to send it back (seller refunded my money).

ngibson
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Been liked: 0

Postby ngibson » 07 Mar 2009, 08:57

Dam that was unlucky for you.i just missed out on buying one a couple days ago.the guy who was selling it had 6 of them for backup on tours.he just plays at home now so he didn't need them all.he sold it for £20.that was a great price.can't seem to find anyone else selling them anywhere.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 07 Mar 2009, 19:54

The bluesbreaker has a pretty unique sound, not for me but many players like it. I still think many of Marshalls pedals are pretty underrated for the price anyways. The two I like the best are the Reverb and compressor pedals.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

bluesbrother
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Postby bluesbrother » 08 Mar 2009, 23:12

[quote="surfnorthwest"]The bluesbreaker has a pretty unique sound, not for me but many players like it. I still think many of Marshalls pedals are pretty underrated for the price anyways. The two I like the best are the Reverb and compressor pedals.[/quote

These old pedals are sometimes a little overhyped. A few years back i bought a original RATII( big one)
and on forums it should be the holy grail....for me it was not and i liked the new ones better.
Marshall pedals are a big bang for your buck!!!
To get a cranked JTM 45 sound at low volume on my Vm and Vernet(handwired JTM45) the zvex box of rock
will blow your mind.With a les paul ....This is the best pedal i have found yet.It is very close when i go through the
normal channel of the vernet with a treble booster.I never tried a marshall bluesbreaker pedal though....
epiphone les paul standard 1959 limited edition .
epiphone BB King Lucille
Orange Crush 35 RT
boss e-band JS-8 ( 32 GB for backing tracks)
beyer dynamic DT 880 Pro headphones.

BenjiJuanKenobi
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Been liked: 1 time

Postby BenjiJuanKenobi » 12 Jun 2009, 20:10

I have one of the old, original Marshall Bluesbreaker pedals. It sounds pretty good, but it is like any pedal. The sound you ultimately get is a combination of the guitar (with its own "factors" like pickups, woods, etc), the amp, the speakers, and your hands. Me thinks the magic is in the chain.

In case you have never had one in your hands, the front, back and sides are metal. The jacks are partially plastic, which I don't like much. Might have to replace those someday, and maybe make it true bypass while I am at it.

-- Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:36 pm --

It is funny how gear goes into fashion...sometime years later. As I recall this pedal didn't sell that great at the time it came out. (I could be wrong about that.) I know John Mayer mentioned on an online forum that the BB1 "does interesting things with single coils." Now there is a rush of interest in a pedal.
The goal is soul. May the Force be with you.

Return to “Guitar Effects”