Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe 2

Multi-Effects, Single Pedals, Rack Gear

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Kongels
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe 2

Postby Kongels » 22 Apr 2009, 18:04

Any thoughts on this pedal, I would be replacing my Dunlop Rotovibe with it, or am I crazy and should just stick with my Rotovibe.

http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.ph ... ategoryID=

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe 2

Postby slowpokerhino » 22 Apr 2009, 18:07

Haven't tried that one but have played the mini Deja Vibe.
Would definitely be an improvement over the Rotovibe, but do you really use vibe enough to justify the hefty investment?

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 22 Apr 2009, 18:44

I have the new Mini Deja Vibe without the pedal control and it is a fantastic pedal. It is quite and very lush, you can adjust it so the vibe is in the background or in your face. I don't use it for high gain tones but rather more blues or clean picking/leads. Having said that it is not the best vibe that you can buy today, that IMO that is still the KR Mega Vibe which I also owned but have since sold it, that one has a edge over the fulltone. (a small edge but none the less a edge)

I wouldn't get the pedal control unless you like to change the speed of the vibe while you play. A vibe has always been a part of my sound and always will, you cannot go wrong with the Fulltone vibe.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

rccCrawler
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Been liked: 0

Postby rccCrawler » 23 Apr 2009, 06:24

my favourite pedal, bar none. I agree with Surf, unless you change speed mid song, that's a waste.

The speed control is quite sensitive anyway, so i'm not sure that I personally am coordinated enough to adjust it correctly with my foot mid song even if I wanted to. To me I would have been much more interested in a foot control that adjusted depth/intensity.

kissfanps
Consigliere
Consigliere
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby kissfanps » 23 Apr 2009, 07:04

I have the MDV-2 and I LOVE it. :love

I actually had to send one back because the heel activated momentary latch switch did not stay down and thus the pedal remained on. Nonetheless, the replacement has been working perfectly.

The pedal just drips with the vintage uni-vibe sound. It really is very fun to play with and it looks great right next to my clyde deluxe. It is nice to be able to adjust the speed very easily with your foot, but activating the pedal and setting it to the right speed in the middle of a song, or even at the start of one, can take a little getting used to.
Marshall Class 5
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266C
Granger M50
Cox Tweed Twin
Gibson Les Paul Custom w/ Skatterbrane Goldbranes
Tele Partscaster - USACG '54 Neck, 50's RI Body, Lollars
Fender '56 NOS Stratocaster
Guitar -> TC Polytune -> Fulltone Clyde Deluxe -> TS-808 -> Suhr Koko Boost -> Way Huge Aqua Puss -> Lovepedal Echo Baby -> Amp

Kongels
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Kongels » 23 Apr 2009, 12:30

Right on, I do use my Rotovibe quite a bit, its the same pedal basically but I think the MDV 2 is an upgrade, bigger sweep, true bypass, not 14 years old and full of gunk. I personally like having the foot control alot and have been used to it for quite some time. Thats what is so appealing about this one over the other set vibes I have had, I agree with you guys that for 90% of the time you don't need the sweep but after you have had one with a foot control you don't really want to play one without.

Fuggle
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Postby Fuggle » 24 Apr 2009, 07:27

I just got the mini deja vibe. With the stock trim setting it is pretty bright and definitely a little harsh with my strat. I will need to adjust it. Otherwise, great vibe (my first and only). I gigged with it last week and used it on a couple of songs (SRV and Hendrix) and plan to use it more. I agree that you don't need the pedal adjustment capability unless you plan to change mid song (I find the dial a good way to "remember" my settings for each song). I got a great deal on a blemished MDV for $200 from Fulltone too (just some smeared ink on the logo)!
Les Paul Standard with Lollar Imperials
78 Strat with Fralin Pickups
2006 Strat with Fralin Pickups
Mesa Boogie F-50
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960aCab (JCM800)
Marshall 425a Cab

LivewireBlanco
The Professor
The Professor
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby LivewireBlanco » 24 Apr 2009, 19:36

I too have the MDV (not pedal version). Awesome pedal at what it does. Makes you want to use it a little too much!
"I play country the way a good rock guitarist should."
http://www.myspace.com/buckshotbradley

Green
<100 Posts
<100 Posts

Postby Green » 25 Apr 2009, 06:36

I got the big gold one and like it a lot. It takes up much space on the pedalboard but kind of looks cool, like a oversized goldbrick and weighs like one too! I had to adjust the internal trimmer to get that right fat swoosh, sounded kind of weak at first, but now, Trower-heaven. I saw Doyle Bramhall II used one like it and I love his wild fuzzy vibesound. I use the Deja with a Fulltone´70 fuzz and my 2266-head and can to my ears nail his tone, feels great!!!!

kissfanps
Consigliere
Consigliere
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby kissfanps » 25 Apr 2009, 06:49

sounds like a great set up you got there green. are you playing single coils or a humbuckers?
Marshall Class 5
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266C
Granger M50
Cox Tweed Twin
Gibson Les Paul Custom w/ Skatterbrane Goldbranes
Tele Partscaster - USACG '54 Neck, 50's RI Body, Lollars
Fender '56 NOS Stratocaster
Guitar -> TC Polytune -> Fulltone Clyde Deluxe -> TS-808 -> Suhr Koko Boost -> Way Huge Aqua Puss -> Lovepedal Echo Baby -> Amp

Green
<100 Posts
<100 Posts

Postby Green » 25 Apr 2009, 10:28

I´m playing a candy apple red Fender Strat (Japan) with Texas Specials in neck and middle and a Dimarzio Chopper in bridge.
So I´m a singlecoil guy, a bluesrocker! I´m also playing in a coverband, everything from Hendrix to Dio, even some popsongs so I bought a ESP/LTD EC400 in cherry sunburst. Duncan JB in bridge and ´59 in neck. I love the guitar, even better than some Gibson studios i´ve tryed, great quality and really a solid piece of gear, and... yes, you can play blues on a LP-style guitar... I did´nt know :Bounce :beerme

BNS
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Been liked: 2 times

Postby BNS » 05 Jul 2009, 11:30

Recently got one. I give it a huge thumbs up. I couldn't find one in Toronto, the price for them elsewhere in Canada was way more than in the US (even factoring in the currency conversion) and Fulltone won't let its US dealers ship to Canada, so while in Lousiville, KY on business, I stopped by a local shop that had one! I find myself leaving it on almost all the time, dialed back to about 9:00 for a very subtle effect (like a chorus pedal but way better) and then around 1:00 or 2:00 for Shine on You Crazy Diamond type sounds.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 05 Jul 2009, 17:27

For what its worth you guys should all try to put the Deja Vibe before any other modulation or overdrive/distortion pedals. Makes a difference.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

BNS
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Been liked: 2 times

Postby BNS » 05 Jul 2009, 19:02

I agree with Surf. I tried it both ways and it is much better first in my chain. My current setup (ever changing) is Vibe, RC Booster, Java Boost (only with the LP), OCD (only with the strat), delay.

Spotted Dog
Diamond Member
Diamond Member
Has Liked: 105 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Spotted Dog » 11 Jul 2009, 07:53

I've been eyeing that pedal for a while and should be delivered next week along with their Catalyst.
Joe, Jimi, Stevie, Derek, Carlos, Jimmy, Warren, Buddy, Dickie, Eric, Lonnie, Robin, Duane, Luther, David, Tommy, Walter

335, LPs, Strats, Teles, Myra -->> 2266, 425A, JTM1, JMP1H, JCM1H, Lone Star Special, Super Reverb, Dr Z Galaxie & Carmen Ghia, MG 15, Li'l Dawg Tweed Deluxe Clone

TS-808, Blues Driver; Lovepedal, Amp 50, MXR 78 BadAss, Les Lius, Java Boost, Fuzz Head, MXR 10 EQ, Deja Vibe, Cry Baby, Trinity Reverb, Alter Ego Delay, Rat, Big Muff, MK Boost

Return to “Guitar Effects”