SPRING CHICKEN

Multi-Effects, Single Pedals, Rack Gear

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Kongels
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

SPRING CHICKEN

Postby Kongels » 15 May 2009, 17:35

Well, I have no idea why but the demo at PGS got to me and I ordered on of these pedals. Should be here next week.

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: SPRING CHICKEN

Postby slowpokerhino » 15 May 2009, 17:51

Let me know what you think. Not a bad price & if it sounds good I might even be able to tolerate the pink color. :doh

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 15 May 2009, 18:43

That's because your credit card was itching in 'yer pocket and you didn't have the balls to buy the Dr Z Maz..... looser, nice consolation prize. :bgrin :bgrin

Back to the consolation prize errr....Reverb, very nice. Although a one trick pony I think it does the spring reverb very well. Man it is so nice to have some of the options today we never had years ago.

[youtube][/youtube]
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

LivewireBlanco
The Professor
The Professor
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby LivewireBlanco » 16 May 2009, 09:36

surfnorthwest wrote:That's because your credit card was itching in 'yer pocket and you didn't have the balls to buy the Dr Z Maz..... looser, nice consolation prize. :bgrin :bgrin
:laugh
"I play country the way a good rock guitarist should."
http://www.myspace.com/buckshotbradley

Kongels

Postby Kongels » 17 May 2009, 14:20

Haha, well if it makes you feel better, I also ordered a Lovepedal Kanji and a Dragon Friday so I think 3 pedals in one day cost me a bit, lol. Also the neck and body for my partscaster showed up this week so I running it up a bit.

The allure of the Spring Chicken was a review I read on the gear page a guy did with it against a Fender tank. It could handle more reverb without crashing in on itself and tone wise very similiar.

DeanM
Irish Rocker
Irish Rocker
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby DeanM » 18 May 2009, 06:44

Has anyone seen the new DIY kit at generalguitargadgets.com? its only available recently. its a reverb kit and it has a reverb brick mounted inside. check it out! what you guys think? at only $65 it cant be bad! sounds pretty good to me! sounds pretty nice actually!

GGG page
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/ind ... &Itemid=45

sound clip demo 1
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/sou ... bstrat.mp3

demo 2
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/sou ... erbtwo.mp3
Attachments
DVerbBrick.jpg
DVerbBrick.jpg (32.09 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
Everybody seems to think i'm lazy.
I dont mind...I think they're crazy!

Kongels

Postby Kongels » 19 May 2009, 11:57

Well crap, I didn't think and when you order multiple pedals from PGS they ship them together when they are all in stock. The Kanji is a preorder and I have to wait until June 1st to get both now, bummer, lol.

DeanM
Irish Rocker
Irish Rocker
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby DeanM » 19 May 2009, 13:34

well that sucks more than a cheap whore!!!!
Everybody seems to think i'm lazy.
I dont mind...I think they're crazy!

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted

Postby slowpokerhino » 19 May 2009, 14:35

Have you tried contacting PGS? They're some pretty cool guys over there, they may be willing to ship you the 2 and then the Kanji when it comes in. Give 'em a call.

Kongels

Postby Kongels » 19 May 2009, 16:41

Oh I called and kind of hinted at that being cool but didn't outright ask him to do it. I even said well I guess next time I should order them seperate. Not the end of the world but kind of lame.

Kongels

Postby Kongels » 28 May 2009, 14:54

Well, they both on my desk now and I have a practice tonight to try em out at, I shall post a review this weekend.

Kongels

Postby Kongels » 28 May 2009, 23:16

I love's it, I ended up having the Spring Chicken on almost all night at practice. At 11 o'clock its more reverb than a blues jr, deluxe or a fender twin we tried it next too, other guitar players house and he is a fender guy. The total amount on tap could be considered overkill but it makes me want to get an expression pedal for it cause it is a wild effect on full. This was run into my orange ad15 combo, straight in the front, I will try it on the VM tomorrow. Makes we want to try a Malekko delay pedal next.

The Kanji was everything I expected, COT 50 into it was pure fucking gold, I am sold on Lovepedals and waiting for a Dragon to show up any day. It's going in front of the VM tomorrow when I get home from work as well.

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted

Postby slowpokerhino » 17 Aug 2009, 17:21

GearMannDude demo:

[youtube][/youtube]

Return to “Guitar Effects”