Moderator: longfxukxnhair

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Holy Grail Nano

Postby slowpokerhino » 27 Jun 2009, 10:57

FINALLY EH has come out with this. I really like the Small Stone Nano and have been wanting a good sounding spring reverb pedal in a small case. May have to pick one of these up soon.

[youtube][/youtube]

Hopefully they'll come out with a Nano Memory Man. :think

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Holy Grail Nano

Postby surfnorthwest » 27 Jun 2009, 11:31

Not that that pedal won't be good I am sure it will be but I have to tell you that the new true bypass Digitech Hardwire Reverb pedal is great and lacks nothing. Both the Hardwire Delay and the Hardwire Reverb are excellent sounding pedals together. Take a look .

[youtube][/youtube]
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Kongels
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Kongels » 27 Jun 2009, 13:52

Spring Chicken man.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe

Postby surfnorthwest » 27 Jun 2009, 15:18

Spring Chicken man
I would have to ask myself if I wanted something called a Spring Chicken on my pedal board, borderline gay :tounge

The good thing is that never before has there been so many great pedals to choose from. The Spring Chicken is getting great reviews from what I have seen. I like the Digitech because I usally use Plate Reverb, I remember when all reverb pedals sucked, that wasn't to long ago either.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Supernaught
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Supernaught » 27 Jun 2009, 15:55

I got a Digitech RV-7 a couple of weeks ago and am VERY happy with it. I think the Spring Chicken has it beat on spring reverb, but the RV-7 has other options. The plate and room settings are awesome for recording.

To be fair the Spring Chicken sounds so good I would have gotten it over the RV-7, but I couldnt find one in this country so it had to be the RV-7. The only other competition was the Line 6 Verbzilla, and Im glad I chose the Digitech.

Highly recommended. :Cheers
Fender Strat (Bare Knuckle Custom '62 pickups), Gibson Les Paul Standard T 2016, Ibanez PGM301, Dean ML, Dean Razorback,
Marshall 2266c
Marshall 2266 half stack
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe I

Kongels
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Kongels » 27 Jun 2009, 16:46

Shit you might be onto something, it's also pink!!! :eek "Not that there is anything wrong with that"

Honestly though, if you are looking for a straight spring type reverb The Spring Chicken is great imo, I have tried it against a DDRI, Twin and a blues jr and it just had more reverb on tap and you could go even farther because it doesn't crash in on itself. Also, you can and I want to try it, add an expression pedal to it and I can imagine that will be cool, I just need to pick up one. Call it a one trick pony but it does the trick very well. I tend to lean towards basic effects that don't have multiple options, I don't have a problem with them but I prefer it to do one thing very well instead of several. Its the keep it simple stupid policy.

[youtube][/youtube]

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby slowpokerhino » 27 Jun 2009, 18:18

I like the Spring Chicken and the Leo Jackson Mr. Springgy, my issue has to do with the size. I have a very small board and anything larger than an mxr size (or nano) is just too big. I can only fit 6 micro size pedals (one being my DC brick) or 8 if I mount the brick sideways.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe

Postby surfnorthwest » 27 Jun 2009, 19:23

My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

Return to “Guitar Effects”