Moderator: longfxukxnhair

VMConvert
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Monsterpiece NPN

Postby VMConvert » 07 Aug 2009, 12:56

Richard finally finished up my NPN, and it arrived last night, got home too late to play with it will do this evening.....here's a pic.
Attachments
Monsterpiece490.jpg
Monsterpiece490.jpg (74.41 KiB) Viewed 1070 times
Republic RP 1 Parlour
2009 Johnson JS-500
2008 Gibson Les Paul--Desertburst
2004 Carlo Robelli ES-500
Silver Creek T-160
Godin 5th Avenue
Orange Crush 10
VM 2266
1965A

StratLover
<100 Posts
<100 Posts

Re: Monsterpiece NPN

Postby StratLover » 07 Aug 2009, 13:57

I'm not familiar with this box. . . What is it? Overdrive?
SIGNAL CHAIN: G$L Legacy>Tonebone Hot British>Vox Big Ben Overdrive>Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster>Peterson Strobo Stomp>Marshall Vintage Modern 2466

VMConvert
<100 Posts
<100 Posts

Postby VMConvert » 07 Aug 2009, 14:49

A silicon fuzz. Im bascially about to go home and play the solo from time until my fingers bleed.
Republic RP 1 Parlour
2009 Johnson JS-500
Silver Creek T-160
Godin 5th Avenue
Orange Crush 10
VM 2266
1965A

TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 27 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby TonyC » 07 Aug 2009, 16:43

Do that :winking

We're more interested in how it sounds than how it looks :bgrin

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby slowpokerhino » 07 Aug 2009, 17:20

I've seen these on ebay. Let us know how it goes.

Kongels
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Kongels » 07 Aug 2009, 21:29

I got a Germanium version in February in army green, stealth graphics, haven't used it that much, wasn't blown away, should be interesting to see what you think of the silicone. My favorite silicone is still the mxr hendrix one in the small box. I also have a Lovepedal Dragon that is good, lol, I love Fuzz. He does have quite a following though and I have thought about trying his silicone version. Really nice guy to deal with and excellent job making his pedals, you should link a gut shot of it.

VMConvert
<100 Posts
<100 Posts

Postby VMConvert » 08 Aug 2009, 17:41

I'll put up a gut shot and a sound sample maybe tomorrow...

Sorry guys went to Kings Dominion with the GF and her friend and got home late and had a power outage to boost...but I got you this afternoon fellas....I got you.
Republic RP 1 Parlour
2009 Johnson JS-500
Silver Creek T-160
Godin 5th Avenue
Orange Crush 10
VM 2266
1965A

VMConvert
<100 Posts
<100 Posts

Postby VMConvert » 13 Aug 2009, 16:27

Ok folks well I learned two very important lessons over the last couple of days, one don't make an unplanned demo, its very hard to play adjust knobs and think what exactly people want to hear out of an effect. second if you do do all this and cuss at yourself every five minutes for messing it up...alteast make sure your recording device is not full and your mic is on! atleast then while your playing may suffer others may laugh....so in any event i was messing around with this new crush orange amp i got for playin ound the eypeetee. ill hook up to the vm this weekend for the real demo...btw i could see how someone could be 'unimpressed' by the pedal i mean it doesnt clean your balls for you or anything, but when i pushed it with the ocd....voila! :yea still great alone but with that ocd man it really just opened up and with the master dimed it just ate my ears. in the meantime feast on the guts.
Attachments
IMAGE_276.jpg
IMAGE_277.jpg
Republic RP 1 Parlour
2009 Johnson JS-500
Silver Creek T-160
Godin 5th Avenue
Orange Crush 10
VM 2266
1965A

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby slowpokerhino » 13 Aug 2009, 16:32

Very tidy inside. Nice.

That's a pretty big case he has it in for a circuit board that appears to be no larger than a postal stamp.

Kongels
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Kongels » 13 Aug 2009, 16:38

Pretty, that guy does a solid job.

So where did you hear about this pedal that washes your balls? Gearpage? Is it available for preorder, I might get two? lol. Please remember you have the silicone and I have the Germanium so they are two different pedals. The guy makes several different pedals so I have not written him off, I just didn't find a place for the pnp on my board, I might get an angry dick still. I really like how he does the bias knob, I think that is huge. Let us know if you put up a demo somewhere.

VMConvert
<100 Posts
<100 Posts

Postby VMConvert » 13 Aug 2009, 20:59

hey slowpoke, yeah you can get it either in an mxr size box or a muff size i wanted the bigger box, its the same price, and i wanted a fat peddle man, all my peddles are so skinny.

kongels nah im busting your balls man and agreeing with you to a degree there, i know there is a difference between silicon and geranium, ive heard geranium is dark and not really cleaning up really, i wanted that actually because at first i wanted fuzz a al 'satisfactin' then i wanted fuzz a la 'time' so i went with the silicon plus i heard some noise about germanium, les paul, and marshall equals no bueno, and I didn't really want to shell out 200 for the fulltone so basically the monstepiece beat out the mxr. but seriously i do have to say that i have to change my opinon i got it out today and picked up one of those orange crush amps 10w so i could get the amp tone a lot closer to normal and i put the fuzz down and it just sang, so im looking forward to pushing it with the ocd tomorrow and hopefully doing the same with the vm if i can catch my neighbors out having a life. I imagine that will sound pretty amazing, defintely with it alone with the vm half quarter cranked i definitely wasn't screaming eureka, with the ocd push i was thinking ok salvaged, and now hearing it with the amp having a lot of head room to eat up i have to say i am impressed honestly. impressed enough to proclaim the man god, no, but his treble booster might get a shot at replacing my micro amp. :clap i would look at the angry dick, is that the silicon germanium hybrid, because i know he makes one of those and i honestly would like to atleast hear one, because if blended well that would be amazing to get a darker bark that could clean up or atleast down to a sizzle(the npn was definitely sparking that rythym sizzle). I definitely would have got the catalyst if I had a sponser :pimp but i would say this has much more fuzz than the catalyst and can be used as a convincing overdrive, the bias knob, which ive read is really a tone circuit is, and I cannot stress this enough uber critical, it alone can turn a setting from clean with clear sparkle to woofing overdrive to farting out. So I'll stop talking and I will get this demo up soon and well the good thing is now I can just do all the stuff im talking shit aobut in this editorial.....at yall later.
Republic RP 1 Parlour
2009 Johnson JS-500
Silver Creek T-160
Godin 5th Avenue
Orange Crush 10
VM 2266
1965A

VMConvert
<100 Posts
<100 Posts

Postby VMConvert » 19 Aug 2009, 19:55

Ok here it is I just noodled around for about 15 minutes gave it a pretty good walk through, did it guitar>tu80>ocd>npn>amp to me it sounds the ocd alone is very trebly and dry the npn has a noticeable bottom end and when the ocd drives the npn its very full and bright with a mellower bottom end. i basically kept the fuzz at noon or better and the most of the tone is from either the bias knob and the volume and tone pots. the bias knob full cut is the farts from satans ass and full on the npn gets much more clean and overdriven of course with the volume pots you can get it very dirty and all the sounds in between. its very good alone and with the ocd it really sings. Also the guitar is a johnson js 500 just picked this up off ebay its a cherry es 335 copy for about 2 bills, sounds much better than i thought it would and a 10 dollar radioshack mic, really crapped out with the satan farts but overall kept up. the stock buckers didn't sound that bad but im totally going to gut the guitar and rebuild it ill be sure to post that progress in the guitars section. anyway voila!
Attachments
VoiceC08.mp3
(3.06 MiB) Downloaded 758 times
Republic RP 1 Parlour
2009 Johnson JS-500
Silver Creek T-160
Godin 5th Avenue
Orange Crush 10
VM 2266
1965A