Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Elcapitan
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

HBE Germania + VM = TEH AWESOME

Postby Elcapitan » 31 Aug 2009, 21:32

It's true. I don't know what possessed me to purchase this pedal, but damn, I love it with the Vintage Modern. It doesn't add a ton of brightness or gain (at least the way I have it set), but more clarity, articulation and midrange girth, if that makes any sense. Don't get me wrong, the VM is fantastic on its own but I feel like this takes it to a whole new level. It just adds a certain something that I really dig. It really nails the Mastodon tone, which IMO is some seriously great tone. Sadly, I'm still not able to use the effects loop the way I do on most amps, so I just decided that if I do anything with digital echo, I'll get a hot plate or reamp box and run my time based effects into another amp with that. But with pedals I'd normally run in front this amp sounds so good I often can't wait to get home from work just so I can riff. :yea I haven't been able to say that since I was in high school, which was 16 years ago.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: HBE Germania + VM = TEH AWESOME

Postby surfnorthwest » 01 Sep 2009, 18:33

:needpics

Ahh I mean sound clips...
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Elcapitan
<25
<25

Postby Elcapitan » 01 Sep 2009, 20:10

It's not completely worthless. I mean, in the sense of you don't have any idea what I'm talking about, then yes, it is. But in the sense of "fun facts," well I geuss it's still worthless. Sadly, no soundclips. As soon as my interface is fixed I'll vomit up some sound clips.

:bgrin

TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 27 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby TonyC » 02 Sep 2009, 10:47

I checked out some demos on Youtube and it really sounds awesome! :Thumbs

Elcapitan
<25
<25

Postby Elcapitan » 02 Sep 2009, 20:15

Yeah, that was actually what got me interested. I like a lot of guitar players that used treble boosters back in the day. I don't use the Hi fi setting much, as that makes it sound really, really wooly. But the lo fi setting is tits.

Return to “Guitar Effects”