Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Bluesburst
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 11 times
Been liked: 44 times

Woo Hoo, one more AFD100 spoken for :-)

Postby Bluesburst » 29 Aug 2010, 21:06

My orders in and now the anxious wait... :-) I've heard the AFD100 in action and while I'll never get the same goodness out of it that Slash can, I'm looking forward to plugging my Les Paul into it!!!
Be good... or be good at it!!!

Martin

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Woo Hoo, one more AFD100 spoken for :-)

Postby surfnorthwest » 30 Aug 2010, 11:06

Way to go Bluesburst, you are going to be the envy of a few mates down under.

By the sound of it on many forums and the AFD100 site itself, these amps are going to sell out pretty fast. Weird thing is many people still don't know anything about it. Once the reviews are in and its features and tone are understood it may be to late to get one.

I wouldn't be suprised though if Marshall was working on a 100watt amp that also will intergrate the power scaling option for the future to pickup the demand of this amp once they are gone. The only thing I can say is I wish the AFD100 would have included an emulated XLR out. No worries though as a have another new Radial JDX box waiting for it anyways.

I have to wonder if the design period is truly finished and the green light has been already giving to start them down a production line. :dunno I am sure many things can be built already but tweaks to the board will have to be complete before production even starts. I have no idea how long it takes Marshall to put 2300 amps down the assembly line and get them boxed up.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

molodoi
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Postby molodoi » 31 Aug 2010, 00:05

surfnorthwest wrote: By the sound of it on many forums and the AFD100 site itself, these amps are going to sell out pretty fast.
I think it's already sold out in France :eek
Nous ne sommes ni des mécaniques, ni des possédés, nous sommes pires: libres (Molodoï)

Only a Gibson is good enough

Le Blues, c'est facile. Tu te mets dans un champ et tu cries Image

Bluesburst
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts

Postby Bluesburst » 31 Aug 2010, 06:37

surfnorthwest wrote:Way to go Bluesburst, you are going to be the envy of a few mates down under.

By the sound of it on many forums and the AFD100 site itself, these amps are going to sell out pretty fast. Weird thing is many people still don't know anything about it. Once the reviews are in and its features and tone are understood it may be to late to get one.

I wouldn't be suprised though if Marshall was working on a 100watt amp that also will intergrate the power scaling option for the future to pickup the demand of this amp once they are gone. The only thing I can say is I wish the AFD100 would have included an emulated XLR out. No worries though as a have another new Radial JDX box waiting for it anyways.

I have to wonder if the design period is truly finished and the green light has been already giving to start them down a production line. :dunno I am sure many things can be built already but tweaks to the board will have to be complete before production even starts. I have no idea how long it takes Marshall to put 2300 amps down the assembly line and get them boxed up.
Agreed Surf, I think there will be quite a few who will be regretting not getting one.

ALready on Marshall's AFD100 blog they have intimated the power scaling is likely to appear on future amps. I was quite serious in my view the Class 5 is the perfect candidate for it. If the power scaling turns out to be truly transparent as Marshall claim, then the possibility for having a serious of their Vintage classics with versions modified with it to provide the tone at reasonable volumes is mind boggling.

Outside of the Class 5, I would love a "Vintage Modified" Bluesbreaker combo... :Thumbs :Thumbs :Thumbs

-- Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:49 am --

PS, I am SOOOOO looking forward to plugging my 56 Redtop Les Paul (check my avatar) into the AFD100.

It's my No1 guitar now and just oozes the most gorgeous tones :Thumbs :Thumbs :Thumbs

Martin

fortress
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby fortress » 17 Sep 2010, 11:24

ok WHY.. WHY Marshall want to do a limited edition of DAMN great TONE machine when you have a shitty Mode Four amp still made ????? or other crap like that

I mean! what's the point?? that amp gonna kick ass !!

Bluesburst
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts

Postby Bluesburst » 19 Sep 2010, 06:32

This is just the first of the next generation.

Earlier on the AFD100 blog, Marshall indicate the technology in this amp is likely to make it into other amps, more than like I's say :yea :yea :yea

Martin

Return to “Marshall AFD 100”