Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Slash Live last night with the AFD100

Postby surfnorthwest » 30 Aug 2010, 18:56

This video just showed up from a performance last night. Not positive this is the AFD100 however you can clearly see the AFD100 lit up behind him. Also looks like he was playing a LP Axcess.

[youtube][/youtube]
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

molodoi
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Re: Slash Live last night with the AFD100

Postby molodoi » 31 Aug 2010, 00:01

surfnorthwest wrote:Also looks like he was playing a LP Axcess.

Correct! Slash is using a Les Paul Axcess on "Nothing to Say" (the most Metal song of his solo album - vocals done by M. Shadows, from Avenged Sevenfold).

It's a very nice tune. Live, there are 3 guitars on stage: Slash and Bobby Schneck (of course) but Myles Kennedy is also playing at that moment (on a PRS).

Ultimate proof ( :whatever ):

(Slash Live @ Graspop Metal Meeting, Belgium, June 2010)

If you have any doubt in Myles Kennedy guitar capabilities:
[youtube][/youtube]
Nous ne sommes ni des mécaniques, ni des possédés, nous sommes pires: libres (Molodoï)

Only a Gibson is good enough

Le Blues, c'est facile. Tu te mets dans un champ et tu cries Image

Bluesburst
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 11 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: Slash Live last night with the AFD100

Postby Bluesburst » 31 Aug 2010, 06:46

I had the pleasure of seeing Slash and crew 2 weeks ago here in Melbourne.

I can confirm he's been using the AFD100 since Singapore early August.

This from the Marshall AFD100 blog:
Once the prototypes were assembled the moment of truth came. We met Slash with the working amps in Hong Kong on the 29th July before his first show on the current Asian tour. As his first impression was very positive he decided to use them straight away for the show and perform a real test in a live situation with the band. Feedback was quite good and just a small tweak was needed. Slash wanted the amp a little less aggressive, in his own words he simply wanted to make it perfect! Back to the sound room, a couple of valve changes and immediately we followed the tour down to Singapore. As usual Slash tested the amp during sound check and with a smile on his face he said: 'It is really good, I think we got it' plus some other words and praises that would be impolite to write here!

The rest of the story can be told easily quoting his Twitter entries. After Singapore: 'We've been tweaking the AFD amp & I think we finally have it dialled in. Could be one of the best sounding Marshalls ever.'
After Jakarta: 'Btw, used the latest prototype of the AFD Marshall last couple of shows, its ready for production. It really kicks ass!'
What I heard coming from Slashs rig a few weeks ago was pure bliss.

Also Surf, I can confirm it's an LP Axcess, like I need any more GAS!!! I had successfully put that guitar out of my head for the year or so and now it's back :eek :eek :eek
Be good... or be good at it!!!

Martin

Return to “Marshall AFD 100”