Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Slashwannabe1
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 182 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: Compared to the VM today

Postby Slashwannabe1 » 31 Aug 2011, 18:28

Slash1337 wrote:Weird, For my VM I have my Body at 6 and detail at 9 WITH Mid boost engaged. I don't get that much flub. Bass and Middle at noon with the Treble at around 7, with my presence also at 7.
Well honestly I think the mid boost may cancel some of that flub out, but 6 really isn't the worst, I used to run my body at 5 which was pretty full sounding and it never sounded flabby, I don't think 6 would be flubby. Usually with my setup after around 7-8 it starts to sound like a fat ladies belly rolls flapping together. Cab probably plays a part in how flubby it gets, mine is a sealed H&K cab with rebranded Celestion V30s so it flubs up around 8.

I like the tightness of the body a bit lower. I have two Les Paul copies they both sound great and have enough beef where I don't need to dial much body in anymore.

Lately I like the body off or barely on 1 so I'm able to use the mid boost button if I want, but I love how juicy the lead notes sound without the midboost so I really only use it for extreme metal tones.
Amplifiers: Marshall 2555x 100watt Silver Jubilee Full Stack with matching 2551AV & 2551BV 8x12 70 watt Vintage 30 speakers.
Marshall 2466 100watt Vintage Modern w/ Matching 425A cab
1966 Fender Bandmaster
Effects: MXR:M234 Analog Chorus, Phase90, Slash Octave Fuzz, Slash SC95 Wah. BOSS: RV-3 & DD3 Reverb & Delay, GE-7 EQ,NS-2 Noise Suppressor, CS-3 Compression Sustainer
Guitars: 6 Les Pauls with Seymour Duncan Alnico 2 Pro Pickups.

Slash1337
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 29 times
Been liked: 78 times

Re: Compared to the VM today

Postby Slash1337 » 01 Sep 2011, 00:02

I don't think I've ever played my VM without the mid boost. Only a couple times when I could almost get my LP to sound like a Strat in LDR with a funny EQ setting. Was really cool, with my pickup selector in the middle it really almost did sound like a strat. Other than that, Mid Boost is always on.
"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste"
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Marshall AFD100
Gibson R9 Faded Tobacco
60' Gibson Goldtop LP
Epiphone Elitist LP Custom
Marshall 1960TV w/ G12H Greenbacks
Crybaby Zakk Wylde
Dunlop Heil Talk Box

http://www.facebook.com/Deadrivalsofficial

Return to “Marshall AFD 100”