Moderator: longfxukxnhair

kissfanps
Consigliere
Consigliere
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 25 times

Putting out the feelers

Postby kissfanps » 22 Jul 2011, 06:15

I am thinking of selling my AFD. I posted it in the classified section, but I am not really sure if many people check that.

I am wondering if there is any interest and what I can get for it. I am not going to be looking for some insane amount, but I wont be taking a hit on it.

http://marshallvintagemodern.com/viewto ... f=8&t=8511
Marshall Class 5
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266C
Granger M50
Cox Tweed Twin
Gibson Les Paul Custom w/ Skatterbrane Goldbranes
Tele Partscaster - USACG '54 Neck, 50's RI Body, Lollars
Fender '56 NOS Stratocaster
Guitar -> TC Polytune -> Fulltone Clyde Deluxe -> TS-808 -> Suhr Koko Boost -> Way Huge Aqua Puss -> Lovepedal Echo Baby -> Amp

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Putting out the feelers

Postby surfnorthwest » 22 Jul 2011, 06:35

:wtf Why do you want an annulment already.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

kissfanps
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby kissfanps » 22 Jul 2011, 06:58

It is a great amp and I do enjoy playing it. It has a vintage feel, but I've really come to love playing with a true vintage tone. Frankly, I like the tones from my VM better. The AFD is a bit heavy for me. The heaviest I get is KISS and even they record with the vintage gear.

The YJM or even a Metro is probably the better route. I knew it from the start and I am pissed that I didn't listen to my conscience. It really was the FX Loop boost that sold me on the AFD - it doesnt get much better for a solo boost than that.

Because I have my VM, I am not dying to get rid of the AFD. But if the price is right, sayonara.
Marshall Class 5
Granger M50
Cox Tweed Twin
Guitar -> TC Polytune -> Fulltone Clyde Deluxe -> TS-808 -> Suhr Koko Boost -> Way Huge Aqua Puss -> Lovepedal Echo Baby -> Amp

Spotted Dog
Diamond Member
Diamond Member
Has Liked: 105 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Spotted Dog » 22 Jul 2011, 10:39

That sucks, hate it when I don't listen to that voice in my head. I bet u recover your cash, good luck. Haven't looked at metro in a while, are they offering something similar to a YJM?
Joe, Jimi, Stevie, Derek, Carlos, Jimmy, Warren, Buddy, Dickie, Eric, Lonnie, Robin, Duane, Luther, David, Tommy, Walter

335, LPs, Strats, Teles, Myra -->> 2266, 425A, JTM1, JMP1H, JCM1H, Lone Star Special, Super Reverb, Dr Z Galaxie & Carmen Ghia, MG 15, Li'l Dawg Tweed Deluxe Clone

TS-808, Blues Driver; Lovepedal, Amp 50, MXR 78 BadAss, Les Lius, Java Boost, Fuzz Head, MXR 10 EQ, Deja Vibe, Cry Baby, Trinity Reverb, Alter Ego Delay, Rat, Big Muff, MK Boost

kissfanps
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby kissfanps » 22 Jul 2011, 10:45

No, nothing similar to a YJM. They don't offer kits anymore, but George builds accurate replicas of some of the original circuits. http://plexireplicas.com/
Marshall Class 5
Granger M50
Cox Tweed Twin

Mats A
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 108 times
Been liked: 199 times

Postby Mats A » 22 Jul 2011, 12:38

Shame i think there is a real vintage feel to the AFD. Seems it is based on the 2203. You can´t get much closer to Kiss than that except for a 1959/1987 amp of course.

Return to “Marshall AFD 100”