JkGriffin
Diamond Member
Diamond Member
Has Liked: 46 times
Been liked: 157 times

Re: BEST CAB FOR AFD100. HELP PLEASE

Postby JkGriffin » 08 Apr 2012, 17:41

Slashwannabe1 wrote:
JkGriffin wrote: Yes, tone is subjective, but pardon me for being a but rude here, but this is the kind of rubbish I can read from people on another Marshall forum that just take the opinion of others instead of getting their own mind set straight. There... rudeness over. I'm sorry.
I was objective about the pro's and cons of them, despite stating my opinion which is one shared by many who use the G12T-75s I also stated who might get the most out of them- players who prefer a cleaner tone, which is not your typical Marshall demographic or Slash demographic in refference to the AFD100.

V30s are a world away from G12T-75s, My H&K cab uses rebranded Vintage 30s in its 240 watt cab (60 watt each), I used to use a G12T-75 cab at my rhythm guitarists house for practice when I didn't want to bring my cab and I thought I had fucked up tubes the first time I used that cab because the gain and life of the amp was very tame until I was able to compare it to my cab at home and found out nothing was wrong with the amp its just a stale sounding cab for the genere of music I play. So I do have some insight on this. These speakers I should actually thank, because they are the reason I own my amp, forum Member Fortress sold me my amp based on how it sounded with his G12t-75 cab and later sold his cab after trying a Vintage Modern with Vintage 30 speakers & Greenbacks and he is now back in the VM camp with another amp.
JkGriffin wrote: And while maybe not worth the investment of getting a G12T-75 to go with your V30's (slight difference)
So you're telling me the sound difference between Les Paul studios,Les Paul Customs & Epiphones & Squire Strats and you go on to say that theres only a slight difference between V30s and G12T-75s? You have zero credibility in my book now. 60 watt speaker vs a 75 watt speaker is a huge difference, hell even speakers of the same type with higher wattage have very noticeable differences! 25 watt greenbacks vs 30 watt greenbacks yeah exactly!.

Ps: I never said the G12t75s were crap speakers, they are probably just as high quality like most of the Celestion speakers but they are CRAP for what most Marshall users want & prefer which is why Green Backs and V30s are the top two choices of speakers for Marshalls. Often times what you use and what you should use are two different things, I could make G12t-75s work for me if I had to! but then I'd need a od or boost pedal.

Happy Easter by the way.
Oh dear... I guess I struck a nerve...

I did reply in a semi-rude manner due to the reason I quoted... you came in cocky as hell telling me that there was no way a G12T-75 could do anything good for an AFD100. Unless I'm high that is... :bong That is the kind of answer you'd expect from kids that has been told whats right by some older guy they look up to.
So getting talked back to was and obviously is in place. And no, you didn't come with objective pro's and con's of the G12T-75. You've tried the AFD100 with V30's at home (sounds good) with G12T-75's at another location (sound rubbish) which gives you real good insight... ok...
You know even the location you're at may impact your tone so according to your own story you don't really have a good comparison between the two.

If you try to breath slowly and read one more time you may find that what I was writing was the following: Adding a G12T-75 to V30's doesn't change the sound a whole lot... it just tightens the sound up.
You may of course experience otherwise on other amps or even on other settings...
Replacing a V30 with G12T-75 (or visa versa) will of course change the sound dramaticly which I stated as well. The V30's sound shit with my JCM800 1987 and the G12T-75 sound shit with my AFD100. Both speakers are good stuff, each in their own way.

Similar, I tried combining Greenbacks with V30's and G12T-75 hoping I would get a more tight vintage sound, but it resulted in a muddy modern sound. Didn't work quite as I hoped for.

I didn't know most people are using Greenbacks or V30's. My bad... I'm really interested in knowing about this though... maybe you can pull up some numbers on how many people are using G12T-75's, V30's and Greenbacks with their Marshalls to back up your statement? Marshallforum is not a reliable source btw.

Ok... thanks for teaching me that the properties of speakers is defined by watts by the way... And here I was thinking there was a lot more to it...
And I don't need credibility in your book... so no worries.

And yes... Happy Easter... what's left of it.

Slashwannabe1
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 182 times
Been liked: 98 times

Postby Slashwannabe1 » 09 Apr 2012, 01:00

JkGriffin wrote: Oh dear... I guess I struck a nerve...
I like how you've managed to make this about you and make it personal which it has nothing to do with you on a personal human level. You also ignored what I said about the G12T-75s, I said to each their own and that there are no right or WRONGS and if I owned this cab I COULD make it work for me and many players could and still sound good because the cab is only but one piece of the tone puzzle and with a certain type of pedal/boost or guitar or whatever setup you may have a godly tone with them, but it still doesn't arrive you at your destination in a more efficient manner if you have to buy boosts.
JkGriffin wrote: I did reply in a semi-rude manner due to the reason I quoted... you came in cocky as hell telling me that there was no way a G12T-75 could do anything good for an AFD100. Unless I'm high that is... :bong That is the kind of answer you'd expect from kids that has been told whats right by some older guy they look up to.
You even agreed with me on the 75's in a previous post so why is this even an issue? Oh and are you saying I'm a Kid? how condescending. I'm not the one trying to escalate this to playground style back and fourth jabs, I'm here to trade and receive information and if something I said you thought was over the line take it professionally not personal and ask me what I meant. Where I come from asking "are you high" is not really a cocky comment as much as it is an expression, do you need a tissue? because I wouldn't want to hurt your feelings by not offering one. It would be like saying "my wife left me" and your friend saying in a stunned fashion "shut the front door!". He doesn't really want you to shut the front door...its an expression!. :chill
JkGriffin wrote: So getting talked back to was and obviously is in place. And no, you didn't come with objective pro's and con's of the G12T-75. You've tried the AFD100 with V30's at home (sounds good) with G12T-75's at another location (sound rubbish) which gives you real good insight... ok...
You may need to work on your reading skills more...I said once I got home I used my cab and it was all good (in describing the lack of gain) Just a quick question... Do you think I only use my 4x12 cab at home? I gig & jam all the time everywhere I can from ballrooms to basements to living rooms and everywhere in between, I know what my amp sounds like in all kinds of situations. I used my mates cab just cuz I hated bring mine over and I use my cab everywhere and regardless of acoustics I always have the same general tone no matter where I am. I never had that problem when I brought my own cab over there. I can tell if its putting out enough gain weather I'm at home or on Planet Mars.

The cons was the lack of gain that doesn't fit the typical Marshall demographic that wants that signature GAIN and is certainly going to ruin what the AFD100 is about (Slash tone!), and its obvious in my post that the pro's of the G12t75s would be realized by people wanting a cleaner tone with more headroom, which is WHY the Chili Peppers guitarist used this cab with his Jubilee! they don't do hard Rock like AC/DC or Guns N Roses. Are they're people using G12t75s for Rock? certainly! but I bet most of these guys would trade that cab in a heartbeat for a Greenback or V30 cab in an A/B/C test. You don't have to take my word for it, just put a poll up in the forum here and see what people suggest, G1275s won't chart very high when polling people who do Hard Rock.

:beerme
JkGriffin wrote:If you try to breath slowly and read one more time you may find that what I was writing was the following: Adding a G12T-75 to V30's doesn't change the sound a whole lot... it just tightens the sound up.
You may of course experience otherwise on other amps or even on other settings...
Replacing a V30 with G12T-75 (or visa versa) will of course change the sound dramaticly which I stated as well. The V30's sound shit with my JCM800 1987 and the G12T-75 sound shit with my AFD100. Both speakers are good stuff, each in their own way.

Similar, I tried combining Greenbacks with V30's and G12T-75 hoping I would get a more tight vintage sound, but it resulted in a muddy modern sound. Didn't work quite as I hoped for.

I didn't know most people are using Greenbacks or V30's. My bad... I'm really interested in knowing about this though... maybe you can pull up some numbers on how many people are using G12T-75's, V30's and Greenbacks with their Marshalls to back up your statement? Marshallforum is not a reliable source btw.

Ok... thanks for teaching me that the properties of speakers is defined by watts by the way... And here I was thinking there was a lot more to it...
And I don't need credibility in your book... so no worries.

And yes... Happy Easter... what's left of it.
What are my sources for hearing about people not liking the 75's you ask? I cited a source that wasn't the Marshall forum (I never even go there) I cited a member of this forum that I bought my amplifier from an traded tone ideas with and together we both had the identical opinion of the 75s! along with my cousin who uses this cab, a cab I tried in Pawn America pawn shop and seeing several live bands with this cab, it all was the same shit and opinion with the 75s, the users want to trade for something else. Don't take my word for it, go put a poll up and ask the people using this gear and people who have owned it.

The JCM 800 line (2203) put out 100 clean watts and often times could excede 170+ watts! (read the JCM 800 & 1959 pdf's on Marshalls main site), the G1275s were put with them not exactly for tone reasons but for power handling. Speakers have come a ways since then in quality and celestions are extremely tough speakers which is why people are using them.
Amplifiers: Marshall 2555x 100watt Silver Jubilee Full Stack with matching 2551AV & 2551BV 8x12 70 watt Vintage 30 speakers.
Marshall 2466 100watt Vintage Modern w/ Matching 425A cab
1966 Fender Bandmaster
Effects: MXR:M234 Analog Chorus, Phase90, Slash Octave Fuzz, Slash SC95 Wah. BOSS: RV-3 & DD3 Reverb & Delay, GE-7 EQ,NS-2 Noise Suppressor, CS-3 Compression Sustainer
Guitars: 6 Les Pauls with Seymour Duncan Alnico 2 Pro Pickups.

JkGriffin
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby JkGriffin » 09 Apr 2012, 04:21

I could write a long answer here... but I'm gonna take up on your suggestion of taking it more professional since you can't yourself. I've mostly kept it professional actually... started off each thread by giving you the same treatment, but then trying to explain and I did fence of that credibility book insult you threw at me. Unlike you who's entire contribution show you just have to be arrogant. I love a good argue and you've are really making it easy, but your tone is getting so bitter that I think it's best we stop here.

Just a few ones for the road... feel free to respond to them without worrying them getting answered back...

If in your place it is acceptable to write people off as high if they have different opinions or experience than you, then you should probably limit yourself to use that phrase there. If said with a glimmer in your eye then this don't really show very well through forum threads.

You actually use forums... and a fellow forum member as source for saying that most people prefer G12M's and V30's and that I can put up a forum poll to get this confirmed... And you've seen some shows (you actually know the speaker configuration in the cabs?), spoken to some people and an undefined source... you're not really backed up your statement here... I'd say you've have done a better job of confirming mine....

I've never thought of you as a kid... never my intention of telling you that you are a kid. Mostly I have the impression you're not actually. However, this "V30's and G12M's are a lot better than G12T-75 and you don't have a clue if you don't agree" thing you've had going on is something I could expect from kids who's opinion is based on what they've been told by people they believe should know and who are willing to fight for that opinion. Funny thing is, for the AFD100 I did agree with you, but then again for the JCM800 1987 I strongly disagree with you... but you chose to swing by with remarks way outside my statement showing of words like credibility and professionalism... you really shouldn't do that...

-The End-

Slashwannabe1
Knighted
Knighted

Postby Slashwannabe1 » 09 Apr 2012, 12:28

JkGriffin wrote:I could write a long answer here... but I'm gonna take up on your suggestion of taking it more professional since you can't yourself. I've mostly kept it professional actually... started off each thread by giving you the same treatment, but then trying to explain and I did fence of that credibility book insult you threw at me. Unlike you who's entire contribution show you just have to be arrogant. I love a good argue and you've are really making it easy, but your tone is getting so bitter that I think it's best we stop here.

Just a few ones for the road... feel free to respond to them without worrying them getting answered back...

If in your place it is acceptable to write people off as high if they have different opinions or experience than you, then you should probably limit yourself to use that phrase there. If said with a glimmer in your eye then this don't really show very well through forum threads.

You actually use forums... and a fellow forum member as source for saying that most people prefer G12M's and V30's and that I can put up a forum poll to get this confirmed... And you've seen some shows (you actually know the speaker configuration in the cabs?), spoken to some people and an undefined source... you're not really backed up your statement here... I'd say you've have done a better job of confirming mine....

I've never thought of you as a kid... never my intention of telling you that you are a kid. Mostly I have the impression you're not actually. However, this "V30's and G12M's are a lot better than G12T-75 and you don't have a clue if you don't agree" thing you've had going on is something I could expect from kids who's opinion is based on what they've been told by people they believe should know and who are willing to fight for that opinion. Funny thing is, for the AFD100 I did agree with you, but then again for the JCM800 1987 I strongly disagree with you... but you chose to swing by with remarks way outside my statement showing of words like credibility and professionalism... you really shouldn't do that...

-The End-
Look it was not my intention to get you mad,upset or portray myself as arrogant to you, as I enjoy reading your posts and like to read what you contribute to the forum, I just had a disagreement on ONE issue in the many years you and I have been here. Its often times as you said hard to see intent or a persons real intentions on a forum post on top of that I do like to do a lot of "Tongue-In-Cheek" comments, which is why the smile faces help but still can add as much mystery as not having them, but take it from me, if you were at my house or we were in a bar discussing this topic I'd make sure I got you a beer and you knew it wasn't a serious thing asking "are you high". Then of course we'd jam a song!.

As for knowing about gear people use...thats been something about me since probably 12 years before I even started playing guitar when I was 3 years old (I'm now 25). Guitars & guitar gear have always fascinated me and I am the definition of gear head, which is why I am still dedicated to posting and visiting this forum even 2 and a half years after having any problem with my amp. In my city you can go up to nearly any band and ask them what they are using and they are generally more than happy to show you their gear and shoot the shit till they have to get on stage. My cousin owns a recording studio here and used to work for Rap Producer Timbaland in Atlanta, as well as his wife being signed to Timbalands now defunct "Beat Club Records" as a Country Rock Artist! (no wonder why she failed on that label! she was country rock on a rap label) anyway...My cousin left Atlanta to come back up to Wisconsin to start his own studio to produce bands and run most of the sound stages in the area, this gives me a little room so I can even talk to bigger bands and walk up to and drop my last name and I am easily allowed to talk to them and they are happy share their info because I think they are just happy to know that someone else has a clue of whats in their mystery boxes!.

So pretty much I have a good pulse on a lot of speakers being used at the moment at the big & local level, except for a few tone gurus I've talked to, many people on the local level generally just use what they can aquire at a decent price and try to make it work, and the G12T-75 cabs sit in the music stores quite a while up here. I'm the ONLY one in the local circut in my city using a Vintage Modern with V30s at the moment and probably one of a handfull with a Marshall tube amp period!. In the pro to semi pro level, The most popular speakers & cabs have been ones with Vintage 30s & Greenbacks and Eminence. Same story in Guitar Center too lol.

I do find it interesting that you say you like the G12-75s with the JCM 800 seeing as the AFD100 is basically a hot rodded JCM 800. But this is also a common thing that I hear, people with JCM 800s like the G1275s, I think its cuz a lot of people I see with JCM 800s are generally using a boost or distortion pedal of some sort for their gain tone or the fact its the cab that came stock with a lot of Jcm 800s and thats the tone they remember with that amp. There was a Video a guy on this forum made with the Vintage Modern that showed I believe 7 different cabs and the 75s didn't get too much praise.

Anyway I hope you now have a little better understanding that I wasn't mad or upset with you :Thumbs
Amplifiers: Marshall 2555x 100watt Silver Jubilee Full Stack with matching 2551AV & 2551BV 8x12 70 watt Vintage 30 speakers.
1966 Fender Bandmaster
Effects: MXR:M234 Analog Chorus, Phase90, Slash Octave Fuzz, Slash SC95 Wah. BOSS: RV-3 & DD3 Reverb & Delay, GE-7 EQ,NS-2 Noise Suppressor, CS-3 Compression Sustainer

Encore
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 55 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Encore » 09 Apr 2012, 12:47

You're crazy! Go play some scales instead of posting this. :jam
Amps: AFD 100 - 1960 AV - Vintage Modern 2466 - Class 5 Combo MK1
Guitars: Gibson SG Standard (SD APH-2s) - Fender Stratocaster Highway One

JkGriffin
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby JkGriffin » 09 Apr 2012, 13:43

Slashwannabe1 wrote:
JkGriffin wrote:Stuff...
More stuff...
Good stuff... I wasn't mad, disappointed, offended (what happends when you're offended?) or anything. I love a conversation, discussions and disagreements.
Sometimes things get out of hand... that's why I said we should stop this here. Your last post do give me better vibes for sure... Talking face to face do give better understanding than forums for sure...

My biggest issue is that I really am struggling with keeping things short.

Yes I remember that 7 cabs with VM... and I've tried G12T-75 with the VM as well and it's a no-go. Hell, in that video I would prefer the V30's but IRL I do prefer Greenbacks. Didn't try the V30/G12T-75 combo though.

So far the JCM800 1987 (it's the only JCM I got) is the only amp I can use just G12T-75. It gives me a lot of gain, though at unspeakable levels (it's a freakin' loud amp) even with the G12T-75. But just as so many other acclaimed speakers they have their limitations to what amps they can be matched with. You should hear my Lil' Elvis with V30's... jeez... I'd take a Line6 Pocket POD over that. Will try it with Greenbacks though, just for the fun of it.
It seem to me though that the V30/G12T-75 combination will make a cab more versatile... and that's where it can do the AFD some favors.

Cheers Bud... :beerme

Slashwannabe1
Knighted
Knighted

Postby Slashwannabe1 » 09 Apr 2012, 13:57

JkGriffin wrote:
Slashwannabe1 wrote:
JkGriffin wrote:Stuff...
More stuff...
Good stuff... I wasn't mad, disappointed, offended (what happends when you're offended?) or anything. I love a conversation, discussions and disagreements.
Sometimes things get out of hand... that's why I said we should stop this here. Your last post do give me better vibes for sure... Talking face to face do give better understanding than forums for sure...

My biggest issue is that I really am struggling with keeping things short.

Yes I remember that 7 cabs with VM... and I've tried G12T-75 with the VM as well and it's a no-go. Hell, in that video I would prefer the V30's but IRL I do prefer Greenbacks. Didn't try the V30/G12T-75 combo though.

So far the JCM800 1987 (it's the only JCM I got) is the only amp I can use just G12T-75. It gives me a lot of gain, though at unspeakable levels (it's a freakin' loud amp) even with the G12T-75. But just as so many other acclaimed speakers they have their limitations to what amps they can be matched with. You should hear my Lil' Elvis with V30's... jeez... I'd take a Line6 Pocket POD over that. Will try it with Greenbacks though, just for the fun of it.
It seem to me though that the V30/G12T-75 combination will make a cab more versatile... and that's where it can do the AFD some favors.

Cheers Bud... :beerme
I have always had a problem with writing my posts like a novel, because I want to make sure I'm not missing anything or forgetting something and it usually ends up to be so drawn out lol. But yeah its kind of funny that after all of our posts in the last page we do have pretty much the same opinion about the gear we were debating! haha.

You're a good guy JkGriffin, no hard feelings.
1966 Fender Bandmaster

maxamus
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 4 times

Postby maxamus » 09 Apr 2012, 18:15

Hi guys really enjoying your posts,while we are on the subject of cabs and speakers there are alot of people out there saying that Slash used a cab full of Cl80 speakers on the AFD album is there any chance he may of, i think that they started to record in 86 didnt the v30s come out in 87.Cheers

Slashwannabe1
Knighted
Knighted

Postby Slashwannabe1 » 10 Apr 2012, 00:56

maxamus wrote:Hi guys really enjoying your posts,while we are on the subject of cabs and speakers there are alot of people out there saying that Slash used a cab full of Cl80 speakers on the AFD album is there any chance he may of, i think that they started to record in 86 didnt the v30s come out in 87.Cheers
I actually don't know what he used but I personally don't believe the album featured V30s, I suspect some form of Greenback. I heard that Santiago designed the AFD100 with Vintage 30s in mind but Slash's history with cabs would indicate low wattage Greenbacks with the amp screaming in the studio.

As I said earlier his trend has generally been Vintage 30s live and Greenbacks in the studio. More research will have to be done on this :Thumbs
1966 Fender Bandmaster

maxamus
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Been liked: 4 times

Postby maxamus » 10 Apr 2012, 04:10

I have been looking around for a while now trying to find any info on what speakers he used but i dont even think Slash knows what he used,i found some info on what Izzy used for Appetite it was a Mesa/Boogie mk III into a 4x12 Cabinet with EV speakers in the bottom and Celestions on top.If you are on youtube type in WTTJ Slash only and just listen to how great it sounds.Cheers

JkGriffin
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby JkGriffin » 11 Apr 2012, 14:04

Don't think Slash remember a whole lot from back then :bong
I read an interview of him where he claimed he didn't remember record any of the UYI albums...

Rock N' Roll was a lot harder back then :wasted

Soulcaster
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 499 times
Been liked: 350 times

Postby Soulcaster » 22 Apr 2012, 22:39

Wow after reading this thread I'm scared to admit I use a cab full of GT12-75's. I find they sound very good.

Although a friend swears by the Greenbacks. Yet to try it yet.

MARSHALL AFD100
REYNOLDS SKUNKWORX MODDED PLEXI100
MARSHAL CLASS 5
MARSHALL JCM900 4500
MARSHALL SLP1959
MARSHALL JCM800 2203
MARSHALL 2555x

JkGriffin
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby JkGriffin » 22 Apr 2012, 23:02

Soulcaster wrote:Wow after reading this thread I'm scared to admit I use a cab full of GT12-75's. I find they sound very good.

:bgrin
Don't worry... if it's good it's good...

Slashwannabe1
Knighted
Knighted

Postby Slashwannabe1 » 23 Apr 2012, 23:29

Soulcaster wrote:Wow after reading this thread I'm scared to admit I use a cab full of GT12-75's. I find they sound very good.

Haha its ok man, I actually do LIKE the G12T75s myself as well, but it depends on what I'm using them for, cleaner stuff cheifly & tones that don't require me to have an extremely high gain tone I could see myself using the speakers & getting a good tone with them. I just feel the speakers are a contradiction to the Ultimate Goal of an amplifier like the VM when using it for Hard Rock/Metal. The Chili Peppers use the G12T75s, as an example of who uses them and the tones they get with them.
1966 Fender Bandmaster

Richard_H
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Been liked: 0

Postby Richard_H » 24 Apr 2012, 15:26

Slashwannabe1 wrote:
JkGriffin wrote: Yes, tone is subjective, but pardon me for being a but rude here, but this is the kind of rubbish I can read from people on another Marshall forum that just take the opinion of others instead of getting their own mind set straight. There... rudeness over. I'm sorry.
I was objective about the pro's and cons of them, despite stating my opinion which is one shared by many who use the G12T-75s I also stated who might get the most out of them- players who prefer a cleaner tone, which is not your typical Marshall demographic or Slash demographic in refference to the AFD100.

V30s are a world away from G12T-75s, My H&K cab uses rebranded Vintage 30s in its 240 watt cab (60 watt each), I used to use a G12T-75 cab at my rhythm guitarists house for practice when I didn't want to bring my cab and I thought I had fucked up tubes the first time I used that cab because the gain and life of the amp was very tame until I was able to compare it to my cab at home and found out nothing was wrong with the amp its just a stale sounding cab for the genere of music I play. So I do have some insight on this. These speakers I should actually thank, because they are the reason I own my amp, forum Member Fortress sold me my amp based on how it sounded with his G12t-75 cab and later sold his cab after trying a Vintage Modern with Vintage 30 speakers & Greenbacks and he is now back in the VM camp with another amp.
JkGriffin wrote: And while maybe not worth the investment of getting a G12T-75 to go with your V30's (slight difference)
So you're telling me the sound difference between Les Paul studios,Les Paul Customs & Epiphones & Squire Strats and you go on to say that theres only a slight difference between V30s and G12T-75s? You have zero credibility in my book now. 60 watt speaker vs a 75 watt speaker is a huge difference, hell even speakers of the same type with higher wattage have very noticeable differences! 25 watt greenbacks vs 30 watt greenbacks yeah exactly!.

Ps: I never said the G12t75s were crap speakers, they are probably just as high quality like most of the Celestion speakers but they are CRAP for what most Marshall users want & prefer which is why Green Backs and V30s are the top two choices of speakers for Marshalls. Often times what you use and what you should use are two different things, I could make G12t-75s work for me if I had to! but then I'd need a od or boost pedal.

Happy Easter by the way.
How would you know that the G12t-75s are crap for Marshalls? (I'm sorry if I sound a bit harsh, it's not my intention) I'll admit that they are not really working out with my AFD 100, and I think I'm going to get myself some other speakers (V30s or greenbacks) , but they have been used quite successfully with Marshall amps (Jmp & Jcm) over the years. The Iron Maiden guys have always used g12t-75s in their cabs, and their tone is pretty good if you ask me (I don't really care for their tone nowadays, but their 80s tone (live & studio) was g12-75s all the way) .

Return to “Marshall AFD 100”