Moderator: longfxukxnhair

TheLesPaul101
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 20 times
Been liked: 13 times

thoughts on the MojoMojo overdrive

Postby TheLesPaul101 » 11 May 2012, 18:29

hey guys... i have another gear question for yall.

how many people have tried it and like it? hate it?

I heard its a cross between a bb preamp and an ocd. True or false?
Guitars: Fender CS Stratocaster, Guild GAD C-1, Morelli "Flaxwood Custom"
Amps: Fender Blues JR., Roland Cube 30x
Effects: Maxon OD808--> Maxon OD820-->BBE Sonic Stomp-->Boss DD-20 Giga Delay w/ Boss FS-5U-->Strymon Flint

Rod B.
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: thoughts on the MojoMojo overdrive

Postby Rod B. » 12 May 2012, 07:39

I have it and use it like a boost with some grit. Basically I have it set so it has the same effect as turning up the guitar's volume knob 2.5 numbers. (i.e. 5 = 7.5, 10 = 12.5.) It colors the tone very little. I think your sound reference is pretty accurate. A while back I tried the OCD and find it colors a bit more and seems more compressed. The Mojomojo acts very much like a true tube preamp in that you retain the dynamics and it is sensitive to the guitar's volume knob changes.

If I were going for a OD to use for more than just a lead tone, I'd end up with this one myself.

http://proguitarshop.com/jhs-pedals-charlie-brown.html

I'd still add in the Mojomojo for fattening up single note leads. Since the Class 5 gives me all the grind I want I'm not adding another OD, but just sayin'.....

For my needs, the Mojomojo works perfect. It is kinda like the "Fat switch" on a Fender Blues Jr. the way I have it set in front of my Class 5. A little mid and grit with a very slight volume boost.

Return to “Guitar Pickups”