Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Encore
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 55 times
Been liked: 19 times

Seymour Duncan Little '59 Pickups for Strat

Postby Encore » 27 Nov 2012, 01:30

I think that I want to try these pickups in my Strat. The description says that "Little '59 Pickups are for players who need a louder, punchier, and fatter single-coil sound". Well that's what I'm looking for.
What I like about my stock single-coils is that I can get clean tone just rolling back the guitar volume knob to 4-5 (with Gain on my AFD set to 8). Is it possible to get clean sound on Little '59 Pickups with volume set to 3-4??

I also hate the middle pickup on strats, but I love bridge+neck tone on my Gibson SG.. What about two Little '59 Pickups in bridge and neck positions + 3-way switch. :think

Here is the best demo that I could find, I like this tone.. I usually get something like this with volume rolled back to 7

P.S. You know how it is when you are looking for some new pickups.. I'd be grateful for some advices, reviews and ideas.. :dunno
Amps: AFD 100 - 1960 AV - Vintage Modern 2466 - Class 5 Combo MK1
Guitars: Gibson SG Standard (SD APH-2s) - Fender Stratocaster Highway One

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Seymour Duncan Little '59 Pickups for Strat

Postby surfnorthwest » 27 Nov 2012, 05:39

I have tried so many strat pickups over the years, all of mine have the custom shop fat 50s, those are my favorite.

Pickups are a crap shoot, I find to many times the descriptions and sound samples to be way off. Only way to really know is to take the time and hassle of changing them out, sometimes it pays off.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Cousin Muely
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 2794 times
Been liked: 2474 times

Postby Cousin Muely » 27 Nov 2012, 08:39

I agree. So many to chose from and all seem so guitar specific. Ive got a box full of em. Wish they were a more just pull one out, try it, if u dont like it just pop the original back in. if it were that way you could try it out at the store before you buy it. Like a pedal. Wish I could help you but like the rest of us have done. Take the.plunge and see if you like it.

captcoolaid
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Postby captcoolaid » 05 Dec 2012, 22:21

Not a fan.

Return to “Guitar Pickups”