Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Seymour Duncan Releases the Black Winter Pickup

Postby surfnorthwest » 02 Jul 2013, 19:27

The winters in Scandinavia are dark, just like the metal that comes out of that part of the world. And sometimes, in capturing a tone suitable for such blackness, guitarists need something with even more grime and aggression; the right balance of mids, treble and bass to instantly go from annihilating riffs to articulately cutting solos. Three ceramic magnets and a special wind produce a distortion that is crushing with aggressive saturation in the mids and high-end.

Black Winter was initially developed for the extreme metal players of Scandinavia and made available in January of this year. Due to an upswell of calls for its full release, you'll now be able to get Black Winter at your local music store or favorite online dealer. Black Winter's look matches its dark intentions: a black bottom plate, black pole pieces and screws, red wire, and the Seymour Duncan logo in Old English font.

Available for 6-string guitars, you'll be able to get Black Winter in either a bridge or neck version or as a complete calibrated set. For those whose guitar has a tremolo, you'll also be able to get Black Winter in a Trembucker version for maximum balance.

Bridge or Neck: Street $89.95
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Papus
Paid to Shit
Paid to Shit
Has Liked: 80 times
Been liked: 896 times

Re: Seymour Duncan Releases the Black Winter Pickup

Postby Papus » 02 Jul 2013, 21:00

Fuck yeah.
Those Scandinavians know how to rock.
The women are good to fuck, too.
Dime that puppy!!!

Sully807
Quality Control
Quality Control
Has Liked: 347 times
Been liked: 829 times

Postby Sully807 » 03 Jul 2013, 04:25

I think the last thing the guitar world needs is another stupidly high output "metal" pup... Closely seconded by the next great "8-10 string metal guitars....
les Paul -> cry baby -> mxr/CAE boost/line driver -> mxr m77 super bad ass modified OD -> marshall 2266 front end ->loop -> TC flashback delay -> mxr 10 band EQ -> marshall sv-1 chorus -> loop return -> marshall mf280a 4x12 cab

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 03 Jul 2013, 05:30

Sully807 wrote:I think the last thing the guitar world needs is another stupidly high output "metal" pup... Closely seconded by the next great "8-10 string metal guitars....
When you stop and think about the technique level and modern talent level you will understand how/why there is a market for these.

One of my guitars (only one) has real high output pickups with the BK Warpigs.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Sully807
Quality Control
Quality Control
Has Liked: 347 times
Been liked: 829 times

Postby Sully807 » 03 Jul 2013, 06:23

surfnorthwest wrote:
Sully807 wrote:I think the last thing the guitar world needs is another stupidly high output "metal" pup... Closely seconded by the next great "8-10 string metal guitars....
When you stop and think about the technique level and modern talent level you will understand how/why there is a market for these.

One of my guitars (only one) has real high output pickups with the BK Warpigs.
No doubt I understand there is a market for high output, but it's an overly saturated one IMO
les Paul -> cry baby -> mxr/CAE boost/line driver -> mxr m77 super bad ass modified OD -> marshall 2266 front end ->loop -> TC flashback delay -> mxr 10 band EQ -> marshall sv-1 chorus -> loop return -> marshall mf280a 4x12 cab

Return to “Guitar Pickups”