Is this possible with a push-pull switch?

Discussion of guitar pickups and wiring

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 18 times
Been liked: 176 times

Is this possible with a push-pull switch?

Postby Dave W » 27 Oct 2013, 17:42

I have a guitar I am going to do some wiring mods to.

Right now I have one 3 way toggle, one regular 500 volume pot, one push-pull tone, 2 4 wire humbuckers.

I will be adding some-4 mini-toggle switches for series/split/parallel, phase, master series parallel etc.

My question is....... with the parallel pickup and split coil modes, they always sound a little thin and treble like. I know they will never sound like a 50's or 60's strat etc., but I want to know since right now I will only be using the down section of the push pull tone pot, can I somehow use the up and down section of the push pull pot and use a .22 tone cap in humbucker mode and pull up and use a .47 tone cap in split or parallel mode?

It may be a simple no, but if possible it would be great for my needs. Thank you!

Sepulchre Sound
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Is this possible with a push-pull switch?

Postby Sepulchre Sound » 28 Nov 2013, 06:44

I'm probably not the one to answer, since I run pick-up, to 500K pot, to selector switch, to jack....no tone controls or caps to sap the signal strength coming out of the guitar, and only a volume pedal and wah............That being said, you may double-check that all of your pick-ups are wired in phase, since that will cause a thinned out sound, due to phase cancellation, when using more than one pick-up.

dukealexan
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 12 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Is this possible with a push-pull switch?

Postby dukealexan » 29 Nov 2013, 04:57

I would say yes if i understand all of your statements right

Return to “Guitar Pickups”