Kiesel Passive Lithium Pickup - My new favorite.

Discussion of guitar pickups and wiring

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Kiesel Passive Lithium Pickup - My new favorite.

Postby surfnorthwest » 04 Jul 2015, 07:16

For a few years now I have been buying and loading my guitars using a variety of pickups from Bareknuckle. To me they were the best sounding.

I am so blown away with a new pickup made by Carvin in California. Their Kiesel Passive Lithium Pickups are the best pickup I have ever used, yes better than my Bareknuckle pickups in many ways. It's like someone finally opened the door into the studio so you can clearly hear everything. The neck sound is amazing. Very impressed. Patented six-point star-headed (also known as Torx) adjustable pole pieces give the proper amount of mass to add the needed focus and get amazing attack.

If you are looking for a pickup for your humbucking guitar I highly recommend these, they sound killer and are a very good price. Needless to say I am going to be buying a few more. Carvin has a 10 day money back policy so if for some reason you don't like them you can send them back.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/KL12B

- Alnico V
- ceramic booster magnets
- 13.16k ohms
- dimensions pole to pole on center: .406" (10.3mm)
- dimensions between center of outside poles: 2.030" (51.5mm)

My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Sai
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Kiesel Passive Lithium Pickup - My new favorite.

Postby Sai » 05 Jul 2015, 04:46

I have not used this new pickup but I am a huge fan of Carvin amps and products. Been using their custom builds and making my own out of parts for like 20 yeas now. While I do change out pickups now and then I never found the Carvin pups lacking on anything.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe

Postby surfnorthwest » 05 Jul 2015, 06:57

Trust me, the new Lithium pickup is really good. They came stock in my Neil Zaza build.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Sai
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Sai » 07 Jul 2015, 03:26

I have an older DC-400 model. a beauty translucent black stain flame top, that needs some fret dressing, probably try those in it, if they fit. Or at least maybe the bridge. I have an older Carvin SD in the bridge and it always burned, that is the only full size HB guitar I have. My other ones are single coil types.
Carvin has switched their guitar section to Kiesel who was the founder of Carvin. Hope they do not change all the models. I love the parts as well. I redid a kit I made with a new neck and black chrome hardware. Need a new body but man that Koa is expensive but I love that stuff, such beautiful grain flow.

For my view of playing several centuries and having all sorts of guitars, I love Carvin and unless they radically alter their models and such I will continue to stay with them for the duration. A $1000-1500 guitar from them is worth 3-4x that in playability and workmanship.
A freakin' assembly line run Les Paul for $5-6K even a low priced one for $2.5K is just way too much for my blood and just not worth to just have the name plate. Much less they stopped putting ebony fingerboards on the customs, deal kill for me.
And stock Fenders also too much. I'll take Carvin anyday with the woods, finish, and hardware I pick. A custom made to your spec guitar with your name on the truss rod cover is just too cool for the money. I like some other makes as well but for the money Carvin cannot be beat in my book.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe

Postby surfnorthwest » 07 Jul 2015, 06:12

My new NZ624 is a Kiesel, awesome build quality.

http://www.marshallroadhouse.com/viewto ... ilit=nz624
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

shaun
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 22 times
Been liked: 143 times

Postby shaun » 08 Sep 2015, 02:13

In the clip, those PUPS sounded so bad. Over processed, no definition, no clarity, weak digital sounding crap.
Was he playing through a cheap digital modeller amp?
"Anyway, I see this forum isn't too happening, but hopefully I'll get some responses." Sully

"I find the above statement offensive. Funny, but offensive. No offense intended by my comments." Shaun

noise5150
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 17 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby noise5150 » 18 Sep 2015, 11:05

I think Carvin is underrated, they make great guitars. I had a C66 and it was made as well as any Suhr Ive played. I still dont fully understand the Kiesel vs Carvin barnding thing. Are the guitars now under the Kiesel name and the other gear is still Carvin?

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe

Postby surfnorthwest » 18 Sep 2015, 13:44

Yes
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

Return to “Guitar Pickups”