Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Got the new BareKnuckle WarPigs installed

Postby surfnorthwest » 08 Jul 2009, 18:30

I finally got back some of my guitars from my tech as they all went in for their annual setup. My Carvin Ultra VC got the new BareKnuckle WarPig installed in it's bridge. I have to credit Bareknuckle on how quite there pickups are. For a pickup that is DC 22k it is unbelievably smooth :yea Why in the heck I hadn't been made aware of the pickups before is very strange. This is one very high output pickup.

Sounds with both Plexi amps were noticeably higher output but they did not translate into throwing any additional gain into the amps tone that I could tell over the old pickup. So while a noticed one hell of a pick attack from those amps with the WarPig I am surprised the higher gain wasn't very noticeable with either Plexi, it is there just not gobs of it. Their ability to clean up is really the benchmark of these pickups, for as high output as they are they clean up great.

Now the same guitar with the Vintage modern in HDR I got into some insane output, the 2466 with the higher output WarPig really amplified over what the stock pickup was. There is almost a Diezel type tone of high gain that the amp gets with this pickup. LOVE IT. I was also surprised that for as hot as the pickup is the feedback was no more than what the old stock pickup was. Oh, and while I rarely do the pinch harmonics (cheesy) it can be done with ease using the WarPig. Perhaps someone can explain why both Plexis really didn't show more "bite" but the VM did? :dunno

My guitar tech had to do a slight bit of routing to make it fit perfect but he did a fantastic job on the setup for sure.

Thumbs up to BareKnuckles, great pickups. I think I now have my metal guitar. And thank you Lungo for recommending them to me. Here is a pic of the guitar with the new Warpig installed in the bridge; the neck is a DiMarzio Air Norton.
warpig.jpg
warpig.jpg (91.28 KiB) Viewed 658 times
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Lungo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Got the new BareKnuckle WarPigs installed

Postby Lungo » 08 Jul 2009, 22:26

And thank you Lungo for recommending them to me

You're welcome my friend, I'm glad it's working out for you. That thing sure looks cool in your Carvin! I think I'd love to have a set in my Les Paul myself one day. :yea

bluesbrother
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Postby bluesbrother » 14 Jul 2009, 10:04

The BKP Mules are there flagship pickups and always been praised by me and others .
Since you like the gibsons 57 classics also ...these will blow your mind.
I won''t say : I told you so when you have them!!!!
The strongest point i think is that the neck and bridge are so very well balanced. :Thumbs
epiphone les paul standard 1959 limited edition .
epiphone BB King Lucille
Orange Crush 35 RT
boss e-band JS-8 ( 32 GB for backing tracks)
beyer dynamic DT 880 Pro headphones.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 14 Jul 2009, 11:09

I will check those out, I am impressed with the quality of their pickups. Currently I am searching for the perfect Les Paul. I have owned many so I know what I am looking for.

Right now I am looking at the R9 VOS 59 Historic. Those come with Burstbuckers which are not bad but far from great. Since it will be a investment I am realy taking my time, it will need to be perfect if I am going to lay 5k or more on it. Perhaps that guitar with BK pups would be pretty good.

Here is a LP I would buy and has the looks I want but I want a 9+ lb LP, but this one is pretty sweet

My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Return to “Guitar Pickups”