Why don't I like these single-coils????

Discussion of guitar pickups and wiring

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Kyle
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Why don't I like these single-coils????

Postby Kyle » 01 Nov 2010, 13:45

Spitfire wrote:Hardtail yes, direct mount, not so much at all. As pickups are not effected at all by the body, it doesn't matter how you mount them.
So you've tried screwing a pickup directly into the body?
And YOU can't hear a difference? :think
My pickups are direct mount on my C66, I am telling you based on how pickups work, there is no way for that to influence the sound of a guitar. Pickups do not give or take anything from the body, only from the strings. The strings may lose to the body, how the pickup is mounted will not effect that.

Pickups emanate a electric/magnetic field. When a piece of ferrous material moves through this field, it disturbs it, these disturbances are then transferred to the winds, which go to the amp and magically translate them to sound. There is no point when body vibrations come into play in the slightest from the pickups perspective. I think that with all the nonsense you hear about things making differences on guitars, people need to step back and look at the physics of what they are saying.

Ritchie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 376 times
Been liked: 317 times

Postby Ritchie » 01 Nov 2010, 14:41

Why are you talking about direct mounted pickups , when it's singles coils in a Strat ? or are you talking about in general now ? here's a little something for ya .. next time your changing strings plug your guitar in , and without any strings on tap around on the body and tell me what you hear .

Kyle
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Kyle » 01 Nov 2010, 18:55

will do, and yes in general.

Return to “Guitar Pickups”