Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

WCR Pickups - Fillmores

Postby surfnorthwest » 23 Oct 2010, 11:50

Just got turned on to these and wanted to know if anyone has tried them. The pickup I am researching is the WCR Fillmore, the Fillmores are based on Duane Allman's sound on the Fillmore West recordings. They are hand-wound to exactly replicate the tones used by Duane which is one of my favorites.

Just think a set of these in a R8 might be pretty sick.

[youtube][/youtube]
At D.C resistance readings of apprx.10.5k, 13.5k, This is the set that will really fool you with the specs. You will hear this by listening to the soundclip here on the site. WCR's inovative and radical winding, potting, and magnetic buffering make these the best , and most versatile tones you will ever see, hear, use, or own.

They not only do the "Duane" perfectly, but are absolutely the very best for 70's style hard rock like Montrose, Schenker, ZZ, BadCo., etc. They do not sound like a harsh super-distortion pickup set as the numbers would lead you to believe. Listen to the clip ! MONSTER TONE for slide as well.

All WCR pickups clean up VERY well, retain highs when turned down, with NO MUSH
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Slash1337
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 29 times
Been liked: 78 times

Re: WCR Pickups - Fillmores

Postby Slash1337 » 23 Oct 2010, 15:07

Haven't tried them. But I have the Crossroads in my neck of my les paul. And I can actually say they are never coming out. I think I've gone through about 6 or 7 neck pickups and the crossroads are def. the best I've tried. Just saying this about teh crossroads because I'm sure the Fillmores are made and sound just as damn good. He has combo sets too that you should take a look at.
"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste"
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Marshall AFD100
Gibson R9 Faded Tobacco
60' Gibson Goldtop LP
Epiphone Elitist LP Custom
Marshall 1960TV w/ G12H Greenbacks
Crybaby Zakk Wylde
Dunlop Heil Talk Box

http://www.facebook.com/Deadrivalsofficial

Return to “Guitar Pickups”